A Marseillais inaugurated

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 07/09/05, 21:50

Is frying oil so neutral?

One day because of clutter in the kitchen, my wife had stored the SEB fryer in a storage room. She had served very little ...
Perhaps, a year later, I found this fryer and opened it; she still had her oil of the last cooking, frozen; there came out a vague smell of rancidity ... I swung the oil and cleaned the container.
Well, all over the wall and the bottom of the fryer, which had remained in contact with the frozen oil, the coating had brown and seemed corroded...
The cooking oil must recover a some acidity of potatoes, which she has to pass ultrafiltration to 5 microns.
This reused oil will be found throughout the fuel system of the vehicle thereafter.

(There are only gasoline cars at home, and it's not my luck in these moments ...)
0 x
Wish =>
Able to speak normally
without being constantly attacked by some people, who respect nothing, and this impunity.
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/09/05, 10:07

Effectively used oil poses corrosion problems, as well as some electrochemical reactions.

Materials with electronic affinity (oxidation reduction potential, rule of gamma, etc.) must not be mixed on the lines in contact with the oil (brass or copper to be bunted because they react with the parts in allumninum of the injection pumps).

There is a very interesting subject about it on the forum Oliomobile:forum/viewsujet.php?t=1133 'target =' _ blank '> http://www.oliomobile.org/forum/viewsujet.php?t=1133

Hey, I knew it was me who made it lol :P
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 13/09/05, 14:55

I read the link. Thank you.

In the example of my fryer, there is no phenomenon of "electric battery".

The oil was frozen, compacted in the pot for a year, without movement, without renewal of air; in addition, the lid was closed.
There was only one type of metal in contact, namely a "special" coating for this use, having only broken a few fries (with a renewed sunflower oil, of course ..) .
It can only be acidity that has attacked the coating, not studied for prolonged storage.
0 x
Wish =>

Able to speak normally

without being constantly attacked by some people, who respect nothing, and this impunity.
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 13/09/05, 16:28

Hello
When you rammed oil in the barrel behind the restaurant
in the used oil there is also the cleaning product of the hamburger plate of the salt vinegar ect .. it is necessary to arranger with the cook to provide a barrel, so that it puts only oil
(and from time to time go for dinner in his restaurant).
But hurry because there are several companies that are starting to organize themselves to collect these oils, currently it costs $ 15 for the cook to dispose of his oil, but in a short time like motor oil the companies will buy back his oils.
new oil to buy in large format costs $ 1 per liter, a small restaurant spends 60 liters per week enough to supply a motorist.
Little experience
5 years ago I had to pulverize the underside of my body with oil use of fried potato, my fryer oil but I warmed it and it was very effective it has been stuck for several years without making rust is even difficult to send with acetone.
Last year I bought fresh oil and I repeated the operation, the first outings in the rain all this oil washed
Conclusion The used oil fryer has a structure very different from the new oil, depending on whether it was used to make fries donuts or onion rings, moreover the repeated annealing changes its composition.
Andre
0 x

Back to "biofuels, biofuels, biofuels, BtL, non-fossil alternative fuels ..."