Water doping

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Water doping

by abyssin3 » 08/09/05, 14:46

There is still a question I ask myself about water doping. Could this not cause premature engine corrosion?

André, you already demote an engine doped with water I imagine ;-) what does it give? clean, dirty, rusty?
and for the exhaust?
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 08/09/05, 16:51

Hello, answer Abyssin3
For diesel I can not comment only on the exhaust, I did not constster a difference on cleanliness with or without reactor,
only more soot on the reactor than in the parts of the exhaust pipe, because I had tended to send water too quickly before it was hot, I have remedied the new assembly.
For the assembly of the petrol engine, after a few months of use I had to dismantle the intake manifold, on a V6 it is compact and we partially see all the valves, the tubing was very clean as well as the light deposit valves gray on the mushrooms, the exhaust also gray white, the candles rather white.
The only corrossion I had was in the carburetor reducer that I used 3 / 8-1 / 4 in cast iron which I replaced with stainless steel
The copper outlet pipe tends to become black oxidized inside
But for the engine it's been this spring that I ride with that.
what is needed is to make the system operational only when it is hot, this avoids sending water in droplets.
Andre
0 x