WEEE processing computer

Environmental impact of end of life products: plastics, chemicals, vehicles, agri-food marketing. direct recycling and recycling (upcycling or upcycling) and reuse of good items for the trash!
elekaj34
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

WEEE processing computer

by elekaj34 » 24/06/08, 13:28

Hello,

Let me explain, I am an IT professional (IT service companies) and many ask me to take back their old equipment. In general I refuse, except of course if I sell the material (this is not my main activity, the sale being made only within the framework of a service contract, replacement of HS parts etc ...) but some me have imposed it (as the law requires according to them).

First question, my activity being mainly troubleshooting and not sales (I do not sell if it is not linked to the provision of services), am I entitled to refuse the return of old equipment (for now) ?

Now, wishing to have responsible behavior, I would like to know how to deal with WEEE (CPUs, printer monitors, etc.).
According to my research, there are many recycling companies that ask between 0,8 and 1,1 € / kg (HT of course and at my expense of course). Obviously, I do not intend to assume the cost of the treatment alone (I do not have the means, moreover).

For functional equipment, I thought to enhance (recondition the elements between them) for example to resell "old" equipment at advantageous prices (but perfectly functional)
Or also resell the material (to a broker for example)
But what about HS equipment?

Another point, during the recovery of material (defective or replacement) must I obligatorily give to the person to whom I remprend the material a "certificate of treatment" of the waste (some customers have asked me but nothing more)

In general, I would like to know how to "get rid" in a completely legal (but also ecological) way of these materials (sometimes HS therefore not resalable)

Thank you for the info
0 x
Superform
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Superform » 24/06/08, 13:45

Hello

I'm in the same situation as you, in I don't know much more

what I do know is that you have to charge a WEEE surcharge for each device
it should appear on the invoice

then, if you don't have too much volume, you go to the recycling center as a private individual ...

if you have a little volume, you share between each recycling centers in your city ...

otherwise see the following links:

The sites of eco-organizations:

www.eco-systemes.com

www.ecologic-france.com

www.erp-recycling.org

www.recylum.com
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/06/08, 13:46

With our Belgian friends it is
www.recupel.be
0 x
elekaj34
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by elekaj34 » 24/06/08, 14:06

Superform wrote:Hello

I'm in the same situation as you, in I don't know much more

what I do know is that you have to charge a WEEE surcharge for each device
it should appear on the invoice

My accountant told me that even if I do not take back the equipment, the ecotax must be invoiced (compulsory) and be clearly indicated on the invoice.

Superform wrote:then, if you don't have too much volume, you go to the recycling center as a private individual ...

if you have a little volume, you share between each recycling centers in your city ...

Uh that's a little like "I want to get rid of my m ..... e as best as I can" and that's not what I want (and I say what in this case to customers who ask me for proof of treatment ?)

Superform wrote:otherwise see the following links:
The sites of eco-organizations:
www.eco-systemes.com
www.ecologic-france.com
www.erp-recycling.org
www.recylum.com

Thank you I will go to consult ...
0 x
elekaj34
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by elekaj34 » 24/06/08, 15:40

Re

I was able to get some information, in particular from the environment department of my agglo (Montpellier).
For small volumes (or weights), you can drop it off at the recycling center. For larger volumes, I have had company names that handle this waste.

By cons, it takes a certain volume (some require 400kg minimum : Shock: )
They do however issue a BSD (waste tracking slip).

Other questions now. Can a company store obsolete IT equipment (without reprocessing it or having it taken back)?

Now, in a completely different field (still in the IT department), it is possible to organize a collection service.
I explain myself, set up a service where I take back (on site of course) the used equipment (functional or not) and then have it treated by a specialized company. So basically simple carriers from one point to another.
I'm trying to get information from the prefecture, but I believe that for that you need special authorizations (approval) right?
0 x