Environmental and business standard

Environmental impact of end of life products: plastics, chemicals, vehicles, agri-food marketing. direct recycling and recycling (upcycling or upcycling) and reuse of good items for the trash!
dwarf
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Environmental and business standard

by dwarf » 26/11/07, 10:57

Hello i just got on this forum, and I would need a little help please.

I am a work-study student and I have an internal recycling center project to implement in my company.

Only downside, the company will pass ISO 14001 in 2009 and it is imperative that my recycling center respects the conditions of this standard in terms of waste to avoid further possible work in the future.

FYI, we have as waste
- cardboard / plastic
- wood
- DIB (ordinary industrial waste)
- iron
- copper
- aluminum
in addition to this waste, we have hazardous waste (DIS)
- pot of glue
- paint bucket
- held up

The problem that I have is that I don't really narrate myself to documenting what the 14001 standard imposes regarding sorting, storage ... of the different types of waste.

If someone knows the standard well or knows where I could have precise information on what it imposes, I am interested.

Thank you in advance
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/11/07, 11:17

Uh have you been to see on the Afnor website?

http://www.afnor.org/
0 x
dwarf
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by dwarf » 26/11/07, 11:34

yes I am going to see but they say the purpose of this standard, not what it is necessary to do to respect it.

Let's say that what I am going to implement in my recycling center, I do not know at all if it fits in the ISO 14001 strings.

All I find is: "You have to respect the environment"

This advances me a lot !!!!!! My means considered, are they up to the task and in good standing.

What I do is:
an enclosed space with an access ramp and a platform for dumping into the dumpsters
Concrete portal area with caretaker and opening hours

a retention tank space for water + sludge (water evaporation and sludge recovery only

hazardous waste space (DIS) with liquid retention tank

This is basically what I put for waste.
0 x
toto65
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by toto65 » 20/12/07, 18:24

hello dwarf
Have you made progress on your project?
First you have to buy the standard from your company. I also advise you to buy the explanation of the terms 14004 (I think I'll check).
You must then make a list of all activities.
And make a regulatory watch.
But is it a big box? it's a real recycling center! as you have DD you must be an ICPE (installation classified for the protection of the environment) subject to authorization.
You therefore have obligations by the prefecture.

I am quite surprised at the approach you have to this standard.
Last edited by toto65 the 20 / 12 / 07, 18: 38, 1 edited once.
0 x
toto65
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by toto65 » 20/12/07, 18:31

It's not 14004, it's FD X30-205. implementation of environmental management.
0 x
At Sophia
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Environmental standard and business

by At Sophia » 19/06/08, 16:33

dwarf wrote:Hello i just got on this forum, and I would need a little help please.

I am a work-study student and I have an internal recycling center project to implement in my company.

Only downside, the company will pass ISO 14001 in 2009 and it is imperative that my recycling center respects the conditions of this standard in terms of waste to avoid further possible work in the future.

Thank you in advance

I'm quite puzzled by your question
The ISO 14001 standard explains how the company must manage an environmental system.
Doesn't that say anything specifically about waste ?!

If this company wants to be certified, it must certainly have a copy of the standard.
And inevitably, imposed by the standard, a person designated to manage the system and "report to management". What is commonly called an environmental manager.
It's my job : Cheesy:

It is best to consult this person to explain the standard to you.

On the other hand, there are certainly a certain number of legal requirements with regard to the storage of waste. We also have taxes in our operating license.
There you will have strict rules like "store hazardous waste under roof, sheltered from the rain". And a definition of what is hazardous or non-hazardous waste.
Here too you can ask for information from the environment manager.

Without communicating in your company, it will be difficult ...
0 x