Water doping on Mercedes 508D, your advice needs

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
yokoyo
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Water doping on Mercedes 508D, your advice needs

by yokoyo » 11/06/08, 13:23

Bonjour à tous

I am new to the forum but I have been interested for more than a year in the manufacture of pantone, and I regularly follow the evolution of the experiments. I followed a 2-day training (for farmers) which allowed me to deepen the subject. I am a mechanic by training

I started building reactors and I would have a few questions to ask André or other experienced pantoneurs ...

Small description of my reactors (I put the photos as soon as possible):
- 2 reactors (engine power required) connected by a perpendicular tube at the outlet
My rod is 130mm long and 15 diam, and my tube 210 long for an inside diameter of 17.
Tube entry: 50 mm and anteroom: 45. Please advise on these dimensions ?? Thank you...
the reactors are in stainless steel, as well as the modification of my pot, the fittings are in copper

particularity: my tubes are not horizontal but inclined at 45 °, suddenly the rods fall so to retain them I have to put 1 rod of 4 mm on the inlet side and 1 other side outlet qd the motor sucks.
1st question: should we better leave a little play or mount them without any play?

2nd q ° about the weld points for centering the reactor rod: what is the minimum size for maximum strength?
Mine are 5mm long by 1,5 wide ...

3 °: should the rods be tucked tightly in the tube or is there a little play before they self-center with the engine running?

Thank you in advance to the connoisseurs who can answer me and give me their opinion on my installation !!

ecologically

nico
Last edited by yokoyo the 13 / 06 / 08, 15: 00, 4 edited once.
0 x
Everything seems impossible to those who have never tried anything.

Imagination is stronger than knowledge.
jime
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jime » 11/06/08, 15:10

Hello

interesting your project we will be able to compare our results, I myself have a 508 that I pantonized a short time ago but I chose for the moment a solution with a single reactor ..

I have no biblical answer but rather prgamatic observations after my experiences
1st question: should we better leave a little play or mount them without any play?

I left a minimum clearance for possible expansion of the metal

2nd q ° about the weld points for centering the reactor rod: what is the minimum size for maximum strength?

from the moment the point is solid and it resists hammer blows.

3 °: should the rods be tucked tightly in the tube or is there a little play before they self-center with the engine running?

I used small pieces of 4mm rod to center the reactor rod, I planed them in order to have a minimum clearance, so my rod entered the reactor tube just at the limit, not in force but almost, always thinking of a possible expansion of the metal

good luck and strongly the photos and the results ..
0 x
yokoyo
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

beautiful photos

by yokoyo » 12/06/08, 17:20

Thank you jime for your answers! I await others with great impatience ...
I saw the post on your pantonized 508, did you test the avan retrokit if I remember correctly?
To date where are you with your consumption & t results?
Here are the photos of my reactors and my pot
(I wanted to put a photo of the rod but now it is in the tube and does not want to go out so you will not be able to see it ...)

Please tell me what you think !!

André your advice would be welcome ...

See you soon

Nico

Here are 2 other photos:

- system assembled for testing, fittings not yet welded (I welded them earlier)

- pot seen from below

I await your opinions ...
I'm finished editing these days & I'll keep you posted on the results very soon

please

pantonimously
nico
0 x

Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 13/06/08, 21:31

Hello

the game does not disturb anything just a noise of casserrol slowed down

the weld points are a restriction, the smallest possible in the long run there is an oxide on the points, some mounts the rod with a simple spring (but beware solder point or solid retaining rod, not that the downstream motor metallic parts

doi3 °: the rods wind they be tucked tightly in the tube or pt there is a little play pr they self-center engine running?

self-centering is a myth like magnetism, I have already done montages with simply the rod without any centering just a stop to prevent it from being sucked in and stop the suction, it works as well (but noisy when it leaves to float) one avoids the rigid welding to foresee an expansion and contraction therefore to fix only on one side, it is convenient at the beginning of examining it the color and the oxidation.

At what temperature should the water vapor reach the reactor? Is a preheating chamber necessary with nebulizers?

With a nebulizer it comes in cold without great inconvenience for the reactor, the anteroom is necessary with a carburetor or injection but with a steam generator or a bubbler if the steam is well prepared very short.

Two reactors not sure that you will improve the yield
the nebulizer requires long-term maintenance and clean water level control, this gives a low flow rate for standard commercial nebulizers.

What enters the reactor is almost always below 100c
most often at 60c in my case (I stopped measuring it)

Andre
0 x
yokoyo
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by yokoyo » 14/06/08, 09:44

Thank you bcp for your answers André !!
see you soon!
I will keep you posted on the results ....

Nico
0 x

jime
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Re: pictures

by jime » 15/06/08, 06:36

hi yokoyo

sacred trip that you have in preparation, I saw the program on your site
yokoyo wrote:To date where are you with your consumption & t results?

I get about 15% savings, I have to review my way of taking consumption with the truck, as I do not have a meter at the moment, I do my tests without and with pantone foot on the floor, admitting that the pantone saves me a few km / h, I will have to drive with the slightly less accelerated accelerator to drive at the same speed as without pantone

what I mean by that is that instead of driving at 85km / h without pantone, I have to drive slightly faster with pantone and this speed margin can reduce the economy by saving time

as there is a little too much assumption I must first repair my angular gear and I avoid you the carnage of the details

otherwise i'm quite confident for future results looking at those obtained on my rover
0 x