Diesel particulate filter: effective?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 08/06/08, 23:43

martien007 wrote:
Woodcutter wrote:[...] Finally ... a priori even PSA the king of Diesel is changing its tune for small engines! (is this the Euro6 effect?)

"changing their minds for small engines", you mean they are going to abandon small cars with diesel engines? [...]
I mean that PSA is, finally (!), In the process of designing small high-tech petrol engines (small displacement, turbo, direct injection) to make city cars consuming very little. This is progress, even if they could go directly to electric ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 09/06/08, 09:52

I know a good particle filter, tested recently:
https://www.econologie.com/forums/economies- ... 1-140.html

in addition, 10% of SP 95 in diesel reduces particulate emissions by 50%

and we have just seen it recently, the recirculation of the burnt gases (50% of steam) eliminates totally particle emission
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/06/08, 12:24

Woodcutter wrote:It is silly to buy a small fuel oil for the city but people do it (70% you said it) because they are oxen who follow the herd and go to the slaughterhouse, like the others!

Ah sheep you mean :?: : Mrgreen:

Capt_Maloche wrote:and we have just seen it recently, the recirculation of the burnt gases (50% of steam) eliminates totally particle emission

On a boiler yes (I recall the links of the excellent works of Maloche: https://www.econologie.com/une-chaudiere ... -3830.html ) ... on an engine we know the disadvantages of the Egr ...
Last edited by Christophe the 09 / 06 / 08, 12: 26, 1 edited once.
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 09/06/08, 14:36

Christophe wrote:on an engine we know the disadvantages of the Egr ...

Yep, that's because the EGR valve works on all or nothing instead of being proportional to the amount of fuel.

I will not delay doing a test with an EGR valve permanently open at 30% to check the "opacimetry" of the fumes as I have already done here https://www.econologie.com/forums/economies- ... 1-140.html with different fuel combinations

the ideal would be to recover only the water vapor to reinject it; the principle of the GV what!

Besides, on this subject, Fly and the other GV users could not do this little opacimetry test with and without water injection to get an idea? please? :D
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Flytox

by Flytox » 09/06/08, 20:03

Hello Capt_Maloche

It is under study ... without water, with water, and with the propylene glycol mixture. Not now... : Lol:
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 09/06/08, 21:50

Christophe wrote:
Woodcutter wrote:It is silly to buy a small fuel oil for the city but people do it (70% you said it) because they are oxen who follow the herd and go to the slaughterhouse, like the others!

Ah sheep you mean :?: : Mrgreen:[...]
The great Charles said oxen ... Balavoine took it up a little later.
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."