Nuclear: Construction of the EPR suspended

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Christophe

Nuclear: Construction of the EPR suspended

by Christophe » 29/05/08, 11:47

It's scary ...

The Nuclear Safety Authority (ASN) suspended concrete pouring operations at the Flamanville EPR site, following the discovery of anomalies.

Since May 23, these operations have been interrupted for an indefinite period, after irregularities have been noted in the iron reinforcements of the reactor support island.

If it does not jeopardize the safety of the installations, these anomalies reflect, according to ASN, an "unacceptable lack of rigor" on the part of EDFfor the second time in a few weeks. On March 5, a first inspection had already found similar problems.

On the side of Greenpeace, this decision confirms the suspicions expressed for several weeks: "Many problems have been accumulating on the EPR construction site since the start of the work", deplores Yannick Rousselet, head of the energy campaign of Greenpeace France .

The ecological association points out that ASN has already identified a certain number of "recurring problems": "use of unsuitable quality concrete, cracks in the concrete of the reactor support platform, non-compliant welds carried out by a supplier, non-qualification certain operators, in particular welders responsible for producing the "liner" (internal protective steel shell), non-existent or inadequate quality controls, unauthorized variations between the "paper" plans of the initial project and the implementation, inability to repair these errors satisfactorily. "

Greenpeace believes that the Flamanville site "is taking the same catastrophic path as the Finnish site", which has accumulated two years behind schedule.

Sources: Ouest France, Le Monde, Greenpeace ...
0 x
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by freddau » 29/05/08, 13:49

In my opinion the current plants have had the same problem. Without wanting to excuse these problems
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 29/05/08, 14:01

It's normal, it's normal.
In Provence we have ITER. Hiring for the construction of local labor?
No...
Engineers and researchers from around the world.
Workers from Eastern countries made available by temporary work agencies. This does not mean that they work poorly, but they may be less involved in what they do, they may not be using the same equipment, the same techniques ...
In short, the wealth potentially created by this type of project does not go to the inhabitants of the region, nor to the region.
She'll still fill the same pockets : Evil:
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 29/05/08, 14:39

Well if.
The proximity of the mountain, will allow this beautiful world to enjoy the joys of winter sports, good food.
Good for tourism, with international money.

---

This is the problem of outsourcing, whatever is said about it.

We see it every day, also in administrations where the staff is now under private law.
With skimpy wages, professionalism is vague to the soul.
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 29/05/08, 14:54

it was popular in advance, and we know where we're going straight ...

meanwhile: info not found on tf1:

"
Threat to life

Know everything about the putonium sector and its particular harmfulness.

Thrown into the debate on the future of the nuclear industry, this pamphlet has a simple objective: to enlighten the public on the particular harmfulness of the radio element that is plutonium. Let's be clear: plutonium is simply 200 times more harmful than uranium!

Plutonium is a waste product created by the combustion of uranium in reactors. It does not exist naturally. It is therefore the entire nuclear sector that is targeted through the denunciation of this element.

Presented dynamically, in the form of questions and answers between an engineer and a citizen, this book also provides figures and representative of French nuclear activity, the nuclear strike force, data on authorized discharges, the network of proliferation of military nuclear, as well as a very comprehensive index and bibliography on the subject.
From the eternal new pollutants of the atomic era to the pro-nuclear lobbies, contaminated soils with MOX fuel, this book opens the debate by proposing concrete solutions immediately applicable for a world without nuclear power.

The time has come to stop making hot water and household electricity with nuclear reactors, these obsolete technologies whose activity deeply and irreversibly disrupts the face of our country, our planet and for generations. to come up!

Editions Yves Michel, 280 pages, format 22 x 12 cm.
"

http://boutique.sortirdunucleaire.org/product_info.php?cPath=1&products_id=3
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/05/08, 15:01

200 times more harmful does not mean much ...
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 30/05/08, 10:03

well, well!

Uranium toxicity (waste from power plants converted to weapons):

http://www.mondialisation.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=3914

http://www.grainvert.com/breve.php3?id_breve=24

finally plutonium (it's not chocolate):
http://users.skynet.be/mauriceandre/chocolat.htm

thanks to :
http://users.skynet.be/mauriceandre/

information we don't have on the news ... are you a scientist? you should understand ...
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 07/06/08, 01:22

The return of the Rulian, once again !! tadada !!

Me personally, I am in no hurry that they finish this damn EPR. May they always take their time! Even if they want a helping hand to piss in the cement to better screw up the next slab, I offer my help free of charge (with a few beers, don't mess around). Nice guy, right ?!

One of these four things of the dead is going to blow us up. So I see that three solutions:

- screw up construction sites and engulf oceans of cash in waste (good beer, it's not lost for everyone)
- require Cotentin nationals (the 50) to bring their papers to enter the rest of the territory under penalty of express return by charter. We will advantageously, of course, omit giving the said paper to the clouds.
- put an end to the atomic masquerade and exit nuclear power by force.

You will obviously have recognized the third solution as an unrealistic joke under our civilized skies. I can't help but prank. I'm incorrigible, really ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by martien007 » 07/06/08, 11:40

former oceanic wrote:It's normal, it's normal.
In Provence we have ITER. Hiring for the construction of local labor?
No...
Engineers and researchers from around the world.
Workers from Eastern countries made available by temporary work agencies. This does not mean that they work poorly, but they may be less involved in what they do, they may not be using the same equipment, the same techniques ...
In short, the wealth potentially created by this type of project does not go to the inhabitants of the region, nor to the region.
She'll still fill the same pockets : Evil:

Exact, subcontracting, interim, this is the guaranteed catamaran. The staff are no longer motivated, they don't care about the job.

As for the subcontracting bosses as they want the markets, once signed, they are beating the job .... and who is going full pockets?

One has to wonder if it is not wanted; for example with the Airbus A380, the wiring problems done in Hamburg and posed in Toulouse and no coordination between the German and French teams ...... and during this time, the CEO Forgeard is full of pockets in selling his shares and stock options at the right time before the official announcement of delays is made !! if that's not a can, everything calculated in advance.

Good if an Airbus is spitting it's 400 people on the mat, but for nuclear there it is very serious for humanity and generations to come.

it makes you throw up. Image
0 x