Question: problem of oversized granulated boiler?

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Did67

by Did67 » 24/05/08, 11:47

jc-tergal wrote:
ask me the same question. Not higher because the cost of refining, research production, transport for oil is gigantic, but it is sure that it is not at all as neutral as the "salesmen" say.

I guess he was talking about the incineration of waste that could not be burned ...

For pellets, there is not much debate: there is between 3 - 4% and 12 - 15% of their energy value which is made up of fossil energy "used upstream / downstream" (transport, operation of factories. , etc ...). The big difference comes from knowing whether the drying is done from biomass (more and more - wood waste, bark not usable for pellets, poor quality pellets ...) or oil / gas ... Almost all "modern" factories (in Germany, Switzerland ...) use biomass for drying.

For oil, in catastrophic cases such as the oil shale in Alberta (in Canada), it is 1/3 just on site to heat the chistes and recover the oil, which is neither transported nor distilled! I don't have references for "normal" oil, but all the research, tankers, refining, bulk haul, haul to the retailer, planetary distances, I don't see how it could be less , even if the energy density is about double (but the distances 10, 15, 100 times more important!).
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 24/05/08, 11:56

toto65 wrote:Great!

For Did67: HT treated pallets (56/30) are not incompatible with the standard. HT is high temperature, 56 ° C for 30 minutes, no product. The nails, they are separated at the exit of the shredder ....

Yes.

Having said that, I have read several times on forums (German-speaking) problems with metallic elements in the ashes and "chateurs" which discourage pellets from recycled pallets.

Personally, if I have the choice, at equivalent or even simply neighboring prices, I would take pellets made from sawdust, from a manufacturer "backed" by a sawmill. Preferably coniferous, more energetic. Pallets are often softwood, but also light hardwoods (poplars, etc.).

That's what I did. But everyone is free !!! It's a market.
0 x

Back to "hydraulic, wind, geothermal, marine energy, biogas ..."