The A380: a new concord for AIRBUS?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Communicator4
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Communicator4 » 09/03/08, 10:40

Regarding the A2 here is the info I got:
Hydrogen engine therefore clean
Paris-Sydney in 4:40
143m long (twice that of the A2!)
No window
6000km / h (to check it seems huge to me)

The problem is that it would fly at the level of the ozone layer and that it could be disturbed, but what a technological feat!
0 x
http://www.impressionbache.com
Large format printing respectful of the environment.
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 09/03/08, 10:57

Christophe wrote:
Andre wrote:We must also remember that a single crash of a concorde put an end to this plane (I hope they have kept a beautiful bird to put in a museum)

No, he was already encountering serious financial difficulties ... due in particular to oil + high and astronomical maintenance .... The crash was the catalyst ... the drop of water ...

So far no Concorde has been scrapped, they are all distributed in the many museums around the world, in particular in the USA and Germany, or even stored, except the one that went to the carpet (...)
Indeed, the Concorde has never been profitable given that the companies which operated it never paid them (it was the taxpayer who paid the bill): the maintenance was extremely expensive (the most controlled aircraft in the world) and of course the increase in fuel got the better of it much more effectively than the accident (which was foreseeable, and the solutions applied afterwards were all available for a long time, in particular the radial michelin tires specially developed for the American space shuttle ...
the A380 is with the Boeing Dreamliner, the most economical plane, but you have to put it into perspective because, you know that eg. the Loockeed Superconstellation or even better, the Bréguet 2 bridges of the 50s did not consume more or less per passenger / km? ... but a fuel 3 x more expensive per liter and maintenance also much more expensive ... : Cheesy:
0 x
Hydraxon
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Hydraxon » 09/03/08, 13:35

Quite funny note from Christophe: indeed, it's crazy how the press forgets that the A380 is only the biggest among passenger planes.

What is underlined at the beginning is that this plane is only economically viable if it can really be completely filled on all routes, and with fairly frequent flights (in a pinch, businessmen would agree to pay more expensive tickets for a small plane per hour than for a twice as big every 2 hours).

Boeing has made the bet that it will not. I myself was skeptical about the market model that Airbus was using. But the airlines have decided to believe Airbus, and they have an impressive number of firm orders. Which means that at worst, if they were wrong, it is not them who will be in financial difficulty.

Note on the Concorde crash: in fact, Concorde flew so little compared to an aircraft like the A320 (by multiplying by the number of copies, and because Concorde spent its life on the ground) that a single crash in makes by far the plane which crashes the most often in relation to its number of flights. It's completely stupid, of course. Concorde did not fly enough to be able to tell with a significant number of flights whether it was a safe plane or not.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 11/03/08, 14:34

I recently read that the A380 consumes 3 liters of kerosene / 100 km / per passenger (when full, of course)

http://ufcna.com/AIRBUS-A380.html

I am a little surprised pcq I thought that an ordinary plane made of the order of 1,1 liters / 100 km / passenger
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 11/03/08, 18:40

elephant wrote:I recently read that the A380 consumes 3 liters of kerosene / 100 km / per passenger (when full, of course)

http://ufcna.com/AIRBUS-A380.html

I am a little surprised pcq I thought that an ordinary plane made of the order of 1,1 liters / 100 km / passenger

Yeah more precisely 2.9L / 100km / pax, but in high density version with 840 pax, but most of them will only carry 555 ... which significantly inflates this consumption figure ...
A transport plane with propeller and piston engine Superconstellation type was puffing in the 3L / 100km / passenger (charters did not exist at the time, only wealthy people could afford a plane trip) ... but to At the time it flew at less than 500km / h and a slower but more economical Bréguet 2 bridges turned at ~ 2.5L / 100km ...
For the record, the Bréguet 2 bridges, inspirer of the A380, is the only commercial aircraft that has never had a crash, just a forced landing on its stomach in a field without major damage or any injuries. where he took off again, in 300m, pilot alone on board, after repairs, a few months later (we had to wait until the ground was dry enough to bear its weight ...): unthinkable with a "modern" plane ... like what progress is not always what we think ...
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 11/03/08, 23:04

a
with 840 pax, but most will only take 555 ... which significantly inflates this figure of consumption ..

I will not be prevented from thinking that it is too much at once! It is Saint Peter who will moan when all these good people arrive at his place at the same time!
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 23/05/08, 20:44

Communicator4 wrote:Regarding the A2 here is the info I got:
Hydrogen engine therefore clean
Paris-Sydney in 4:40
143m long (twice that of the A2!)
No window
6000km / h (to check it seems huge to me)

The problem is that it would fly at the level of the ozone layer and that it could be disturbed, but what a technological feat!
:?: :?: :?:
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."