Strangeness at the bottom of the garden: 100-ball quiz

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...

What is it?

You can select 1 option

Consult the results
Remundo

by Remundo » 28/04/08, 11:49

Christophe wrote:ps: I am still bloated by the yield of 70% of a ram ... finally this is what is indicated on the formula ...

it works by shock wave in "big" pipes, so the viscosity of the water induces little loss.

The ram retains the potential power of gravity except for its efficiency.

So the lower the flow rate, the higher it can go. And in practice, 1L / min, which seems low, still corresponds to 1440 L / Day.

A height of several meters is completely playable 8)

Enough to water your Miscanthus :P
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/04/08, 11:56

Yes you are right and I just noticed it: on the link that I just quoted, there is the power curve gives 35% of maximum output (at elevation ... zero ...):

The 70% comes from the formula of the same site but on a different page: http://www.codeart.org/technique/eau/be ... e_5_fr.htm

If Q is the quantity of water discharged by the source or the stream, the quantity q of water brought up towards the reservoir of use, is calculated by the formula:

hx Q
q = ------- x 0.70 where 0.70 represents the efficiency of the ram
h + h

So I think the curve is much more realistic than this 70% (which comes out of the hat ... it may be the "internal" efficiency, a bit like we define the combustion efficiency in an engine that has " nothing to do "with" overall "performance). I think that these 70% actually represent the rate of "leakage": 30% of the water that passes through the ram is not "pumped" ... to be confirmed ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/04/08, 12:03

Remundo wrote:So the lower the flow rate, the higher it can go. And in practice, 1L / min, which seems low, still corresponds to 1440 L / Day.

A height of several meters is completely playable 8)

Yes but it must still have a minimum "fall" height ... fortunately it is low (1m) now as I said above: a flow can be converted into pressure ...

Remundo wrote:Enough to water your Miscanthus :P

Toutafé :)

Okay, I just created a specific subject for the ram: https://www.econologie.com/forums/belier-hyd ... t5268.html

Tigger will email me the info and plans he used at the time :)
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 28/04/08, 14:01

Super calculations!
Carry on guys ...

Christophe did you read my post page 1?
Have you checked the level of the stream and that of your well?
Do you think there is your vertical drop meter?

Where is the RELEASE EVACUATION done?
Because if the sump fills up, the drop will no longer be the case ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/04/08, 14:22

Yes I have read and the curves above seemingly contradict you ...

You have not read everything since the meter is not necessarily necessary since it can very well be simulated given the flow with a kind of venturi (1m = 0,1 bar pressure ...).

I do not intend to use the sump and I do not need to climb to 7m ... 3m it would be enough for me :)

Finally 7m ca would be better it would feed the whole garden, upper part included finally we will see well, tigger that has already come to visit us and has already built one and there is rabbit in the region also ... So we should happen to do something ... anyway i will put everything on the forum.

The following here: https://www.econologie.com/forums/belier-hyd ... t5268.html
0 x

Back to "Sustainable consumption: responsible consumption, diet tips and tricks"