Pvc or others ??

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
lulaly
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Pvc or others ??

by lulaly » 11/04/08, 22:23

Hello,
We are installing a rainwater collection tank and I would like to know what type of "pipe" should be fitted to conduct the water from the roof (from the gutter which will be made of zinc) to the tank. What is the most suitable and least harmful material (pvc ???, ....)
please
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 11/04/08, 23:28

Hello loulaly

If it is in relation to "Food" quality, your pipe must be FDA (Food and Drug Administration). In the "Bioblock" catalog you have some indications with some materials.

A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by denis » 12/04/08, 09:16

food quality for roof water ???????? think a little! no didiou!

(zinc, lead, hydrocarbons, mosses and various molds, soot .... !!)
0 x
White would not exist without the dark, but anyway!

http://maison-en-paille.blogspot.fr/
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/04/08, 09:34

It is not false... : Cheesy:
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 12/04/08, 10:55

Hello Denis and Christophe

http://www.ac-orleans-tours.fr/lettres/ ... nocif.html

2) Definition:
The word harmful therefore qualifies an action or an object that could harm or be dangerous in relation to an object or a human being.

In chemistry, this word mainly describes a manipulated product which can present dangers as much for the skin as the internal organism of who manipulates it or is in the environment surrounding the manipulation.

Sorry but the word "harmful" is in relation to the human being and Loulaby is talking about the pipe and not the shit going through it. : Mrgreen:
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Pvc or others ??

by Cuicui » 12/04/08, 11:09

loulaly wrote:Hello,
We are installing a rainwater collection tank and I would like to know what type of "pipe" should be fitted to conduct the water from the roof (from the gutter which will be made of zinc) to the tank. What is the most suitable and least harmful material (pvc ???, ....)

PVC is certainly the most practical material and the most resistant to chemical attack (acidity).
0 x
lulaly
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by lulaly » 17/04/08, 09:23

thank you for these answers, the use of rainwater will be for the wc and the washing machine .... and not for food use.
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 17/04/08, 10:09

denis wrote:food quality for roof water ???????? think a little! no didiou!

(zinc, lead, hydrocarbons, mosses and various molds, soot .... !!)

you forgot the bird droppings! D
but with good filtration it is much better:
filters for heavy metals (shellfish), activated carbon (molds), microfiltration (the rest) etc ...
less harmful than tap water which also contains nitrates, and chlorine (vigipirate plan) which is breathed during hot showers "for example" ...
0 x