Bike post

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
REROLL
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Bike post

by REROLL » 24/02/08, 18:04

Hello,

First I just discovered this site which is very interesting, thank you to the whole community.
While browsing the articles I came across an article on bikes and I saw the bike of my dreams : Lol: ...

https://www.econologie.com/choisir-un-ve ... -3445.html

In fact I am a student and for various reasons I am SVF (without fixed bikes): too much repair on bikes bought cheap, breakage etc. I work a little bit too far to go on foot and too close to go by car.

The bike that I would like is the post bike but I don't understand how I can find it: In the article we talk about public sales in the domains, what is it? Who to contact?
Maybe this forum is not the best place to talk about it but i looked before i decided to post it here.
Thanking you.
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 24/02/08, 18:42

if I remember correctly to the police, probably the national.
0 x
REROLL
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by REROLL » 24/02/08, 19:51

Thank you for this quick response I will see that tomorrow I keep you informed, you never know that someone is interested. If someone else has info, I'm interested.
0 x
jessle
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by jessle » 24/02/08, 21:09

Hello

To get a post office bike there is a well-known online auction site. Otherwise you have to see with the post if it renews its bike park, it happened in my city. La Poste gave everything to a charity which restored them and then sold them.
I found it for my par in a trocante, I saw it in flea markets

Attention it is very requested therefore .......... expensive (more than 100 euros)

one thing to add motorists better respect the safety distances between the bicycle and the car because they understand
that if the bike touches them it is a guaranteed bump in the beautiful car, because the bike is impressive I speak from experience, it is also very effective for towing a trailer.
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 24/02/08, 22:54

: Arrow: The post bike ... it's good for postal workers like clogs for peasants ...

It's beefy, super heavy and very solid. But that does not exempt from maintaining it and does not prevent it from being stolen or skinned ... :frown:

Your description of the journey too short for the car and too long for a pedestrian corresponds perfectly to the use of a folding bicycle.

Finally, if we consider a means of transport to go to work, it must be reliable, therefore of very good quality and to remain so, it must be maintained like an automobile, that is to say PERIODICALLY.

This is how northern Europeans do (Dutch, Germans ...)
They put almost puncture-proof tires that last 10000 to 20000 km for 70 € instead of 10 € tires that last 2000 km They can inflate them to 5 or 8 bars and roll effortlessly (at these pressures the tires at 10 € burst) .

In your case, and if you have a closet or locker large enough to store it at work, I would break my piggy bank to give me a Strida 5.0 8)
The ideal object in my opinion, but a little too expensive, it can nevertheless be found on ebay (or elsewhere) for 450 € instead of 790 €.

I tried the thing and found it impressive ... although ... different. 8)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/02/08, 00:07

These are the sales of "domains" which include seizures by customs, police and public administration.

Depending on the size of your city, one or more of these sales are organized per year. 15 years ago in Strasbourg it was 3 or 4 I think. I was used to mobs and coins :)

The gear is sold at public auctions without any guarantee and cash payment.

So you can get very good deals but also have a bad surprise but on a bike you don't risk much.

These sales are always advertised in local newspapers (if the principle still exists).

ps: as the gear is not necessarily roadworthy, it is necessary to provide either a trailer or a small tool kit to do the "first aid" on site ...
0 x