A superb bioclimatic house in Switzerland

Construction of natural or ecological habitat: plans, design, advice, expertise, materials, geobiology ... House, construction, heating, insulation: you have just received one or more quotes. Can't choose? State your problem here and we will advise you on the right choice! Help in reading DPE or environmental energy diagnostics. Help with the purchase or sale of real estate.
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

A superb bioclimatic house in Switzerland

by jean63 » 12/02/08, 13:10

Ecological habitat: an example of a house to follow
February 12, 2008 by Kat

If like many people you want to make or transform your house into a green habitat, here is a house that will be able to guide you in your project.

The owners concerned about environmental issues have chosen to build “Clé de Sol”, an ecological house located in Switzerland.
A dream come true for the owners, who found better comfort and a better quality of life in this house.

The main characteristics of the house (which have been working perfectly for 6 years):

design based on bioclimatic principles,
two greenhouses for passive solar energy,
solar collectors for hot water (sanitary and heating),
photovoltaic panels for solar electric production,
firewood as an energy supplement (wood stoves and stoves with boiler). Small complementary gas stove,
rainwater harvesting and storage for all uses,
compost toilets (without water),
wastewater reprocessing (sand filter, pond, etc.),
use of natural and non-toxic materials (wood, stone, dried earth, etc.),
double flow ventilation with heat recovery.

Following in:

http://blog.bmykey.com/immobilier/habit ... /2008/286/

The site of this house: http://www.cledesol-fog.ch/

and the hot air circulation system + solar hot water storage plans page (6000 liters) :

http://www.cledesol-fog.ch/?id=sche#
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Christophe

Re: A superb bioclimatic house in Switzerland

by Christophe » 12/02/08, 13:31

jean63 wrote:solar hot water storage (6000 liters)

Pfff is that all? Amateurs, I tell you :) : Lol:

Good without laughing: their site is good, well illustrated and the diagrams are nice (albeit a little too eco-friendly like dry toilets) but question: how much does this hut cost?

ps: jeans, the buffer is @ 31.1 ° C
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/02/08, 13:56

Waw on this diagram we see that they even recover the calories from the wood stove! Hat :)

0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 12/02/08, 15:42

Christophe wrote:Waw on this diagram we see that they even recover the calories from the wood stove! Hat :)

Yes, very well their system of circulation of hot air and also storage of hot water.

Very simple, apparently the heating of the solar water works in thermosiphon (tank + high than collectors).
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/02/08, 16:13

Uh thermosiphon I do not know, these are schematic diagrams not realization plans ...

I think the thermosiphone could work well for the stove but for the solar I doubt a little ... but hey it's a detail!
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 13/02/08, 12:15

yes, it must be in thermosiphon since we see a circulator for chuaffage?

otherwise this image is missing on the site:

very nice achievements, but it must be out of reach to buy new ...

otherwise christophe if you are like a lot "not too much for" dry toilets apart from buying a €€€ composter, you have a solution: use rainwater (or surplus water in the washing machine bathroom), what I'm going to do, after experiencing the dry toilet for 1 year.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/02/08, 12:35

Ah sacred jonule, you will rummage through the directories of the site :)

For the recovery of rainwater, in renovation it is quite difficult to do because it is necessary to redo a circuit ... really not obvious! I'm not talking about the price of the buried tank and the cost of filtering / maintenance ... at the current price of water I think it's not economical ... unless there is a lot of people in the house. .

For the moment we have put water saving hunts and showers ... I can't do much more ...
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 13/02/08, 13:25

yes in renovation it is necessary "simply" to redirect the gutters, and to have a tank, buried so that it does not freeze, I will build 2 cement tanks in the cellar, which does not freeze (air supply like Canadian well ): one for rainwater, another for shower, bath, washing machine.
on each, a filter.
the washing water will be for: wc distribution (replaces dry toilets) + outdoor tap for watering, ...
rainwater will be for everything else, no more limestone! connected to the source network (yes check valve, solenoid valves, tank level, pump and filters).

for the yield, just do a calculation, but I'm not going to buy everything new either ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/02/08, 13:44

jonule wrote:I'm going to build 2 cement tanks in the cellar,

WHAT???? YOU USE CEMENT ?? Is it you or did I read it wrong? Are you going to isolate them with straw at least? (sorry couldn't stop me) : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

Otherwise it doesn't really answer my question, in your case it would be even worse: you would have 3 circuits! Very difficult to imagine on a "small" renovation ...

For the costs I also thought of maintenance (filter, pump ...) ...
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 13/02/08, 14:00

I like their wood stove / boiler. We do not see a brand name on the photo but it must be able to be found. But as for the rest, the difficulty is the installation in renovation ....
0 x