The motorization of my dreams!

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/12/03, 12:39

temsa wrote:Here is another novel for my 3rd post! : P

Many years ago, I heard about a prototype bus running a gas turbine to produce electricity and having an electric motor on each wheel (they even had fun making rear wheels completely directional thanks to that allowed the bus to park in crab ... see the archives of e = m6 from long ago!).

Also, which has nothing to do with it, for a very long time (1846 but realized by wenkel in 1957, cf. http://www.mazdarx8.ch/chf/rotary/rotaryde...ocumentid=1332) there is a very interesting engine, the rotary engine (see the link) which has many advantages (the mazda rx-8 advertises up to 1332hp with a 8L engine!) and which had many disadvantages (reliability and oil consumption according to my father ...) but which seem settled (elected "international engine of the year 231") ...

This figure reached 500 000 in 1975, to pass the million mark in 1978. The rotary engine had definitely imposed itself.

And they call it to impose? Classic alternative engine combient have been manufactured for the same period? At least 1000 times more.

I also read often about prototypes of electric cars (I have just read one on "science and future") that would allow among other things to 0 100 3 x seconds (I already read the same thing about a proto bertone a few years ago).

yes what is interesting with electric cars (as with any electric motor) is that, often, the maximum torque is the starting torque ... and this is precisely where a vehicle needs torque the most (see my study on city vehicles where I analyze the necessary power)

I really like the principles of the toyota prius and the "old" honda insight: the hybrid!

I had the privilege of riding in an insight (strasbourg-geneva A / R) it is not a pure hybrid but an electric assistance (4.5 Liter of average, for a vehicle 2 Place of 800 kg it is not even exceptional, small HDI do better .... but it is in essence ..). For the prius here is what I just read on yahoo auto (and it does not make me want to go further):

"Thus, the gasoline engine develops 78 ch and the electric motor 68 C. In parallel operation, the total power is established at 146 ch, which begins to become interesting, especially for performance, which progress"

BORDEL BORDEL ZON NOTHING INCLUDED !!! Make a hybrid not to consume less but to increase torque and performance ....

By the way pkoi no hybrid is based on a diesel engine? Much more economical ??? MYSTERY !!

So here's my idea (which does not have anything new at the end): a car using a "retrofitted" rotary engine as a generator (space saving / weight / noise compared to a "standard" engine),

Pkoi to rely on a wankel? The advantages in consumptions are not the ....

batteries in buffers, and an electric motor on each wheel, the goal being to have a low consumption (motor optimized for a particular regime) and using the water (a # 20%?) thanks to retrofittage.

Much too complicated ... how do you put electric motor on each wheel ... The motor-wheel are extremely expensive ...

We would have 4 electric motors in direct connection to the wheels, which would have the great advantages of easily allowing traction control (thanks to the obligatory servo-control on each wheel) and effective braking (energy is recovered when braking thanks to the electric motors !! !) and to avoid all transmission losses by taking advantage of the excellent efficiency of good electric motors (I have seen some 97-98% efficiency!).

put on paper it's beautiful ... but figures see all this you will realize that it's illusory ... but some BE manufacturers will have a few million tankers to spend to do it AND ESPECIALLY WELL SHOW IT in the salons (you see we make efforts) but ESPECIALLY NOT to sell it ...

In short it will allow to have a porsche that consumes nothing :P and that pollutes almost no (on the other hand I am for the fact that the car is studied not to ride more than 140, especially given the speed cameras that flourish these days!).

The only big problem that I see is the voltage and the intensity of the engines, in fact, we can not power the engines with a big tension, because in case of rain there is a risk of electrocution pedestrians!

HEIN ???? and the tires does not isolate ???

Let's say that we supply the motors with 24V ... that means that to have 60kW in total therefore 15kW per motor, we need around 15000/24 ​​= 625A: ph34r: to supply the motors ... in short I do not see how does the prius manage to power its electric motor !!! ???

I do not see the problem .... just have enough copper sections ...
0 x
Bibiphoque
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bibiphoque » 23/04/04, 08:58

:P
Hello,
On the subject of amperage and the risk of pedestrian electrocution, small remarks
Nothing prevents to have a higher voltage becoups (100 volts and more), it is enough to cure the insulation and with brushless motors, it is quite easy to realize, it is enough to drown the coils in resin (it already exists!), and for pedestrians, no risk since the potentials are relative to the mass of the car, so no risk!
(JC who sometimes starts thinking! Lol) :P :P
0 x
This is not because we always said that it is impossible that we should not try :)