LED bulbs intermittent lighting?

Various experiences made by members of the forums concerning in particular small household appliances and energy management.
delnoram

by delnoram » 03/02/08, 15:46

fthanron wrote:It was an example delnoram I did not say that it was necessarily a good idea !!! : Cheesy:

But it's a good idea :D , but it is the means of implementation which pose the problem.

One way to get around this would be to rectify the 220V using DC power and to power 90 to 100 LEDs.
Already done but from Chinese spots (medium quality LEDs and 15 or 20 °) here

Maybe this type of LED would do the trick? http://www.dplighting.com/ (sorry for the ad but how else? And then to my knowledge they do not sell anything here so I'm good right? :D ) [/ quote]

Never seen these leds difficult to realize on a photo, I have some white "natural color" leds which seem interesting, but I have not yet had time to make a "light" with them. :|
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 03/02/08, 15:59

Christophe, you would have to explain to me why:

1 - A lighting device must be omnidirectional.

2 - This compulsory omnidirectional lighting must be equipped with a focusing device ...

The LEDs focus, of course, and rather than systematically seeing a defect in them, it should rather be taken advantage of by taking advantage of this property.
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 03/02/08, 16:06

fthanron wrote:I think you have to be as close as possible to performance, I do not know much about it but for example if the 12 V generates savings and a better exploitation of the potential, it is necessary to opt for this solution. What do you think ?

Then you have to operate the leds under constant current separately. This excludes serial connection because the dispersions of characteristics are significant (these are electronic components).
0 x
fthanron
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by fthanron » 03/02/08, 16:07

I don't know if that can help but this online magazine provides a lot of information on suppliers, new techniques ...
http://www.ledsmagazine.com/
0 x
Frederic
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 05/02/08, 13:54

There is also a forum (in French) on LEDs and lighting:

http://www.forum.led-fr.net/forum/
0 x
fthanron
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by fthanron » 05/02/08, 15:42

Here is an answer obtained via another forum open debate:

"The human eye is sensitive to the average value of light. The performance of LEDs is independent of the current flowing through them. So, we gain nothing CQFD"

It gives the impression that for us humans the debate is over ... and for plants?
0 x
Frederic
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 05/02/08, 18:17

fthanron wrote:Here is an answer obtained via another forum open debate:
"The human eye is sensitive to the average value of light. The performance of LEDs is independent of the current flowing through them. So, we gain nothing CQFD"
It gives the impression that for us humans the debate is over ... and for plants?

This assumes that retinal persistence is a linear phenomenon, but those who experiment find that retinal persistence is precisely not linear, hence the risk of a sterile debate between theorists and practitioners.
On this subject see:

http://forums.futura-sciences.com/archi ... 68646.html
0 x