Tips for a future driver?

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
Arthur_64
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Tips for a future driver?

by Arthur_64 » 24/01/08, 16:34

I will soon be passing (and hopefully, succeeding) the driving test.

I already have a ZX 1.8D Enterprise (driven by my girlfriend) that consumes on average a little more than 5L / 100.

For now, I'm going to work by bike, and then I'll go by car (I know, that's not good, but the bike on this ride is suicidal, and I'm tired of breathing the vapors trucks).

I intend to adopt an economical driving, but what are your tips for a beginner?

I have already browsed this section, where I was able to fish interesting ideas ...
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 24/01/08, 18:00

Arthur 64 said:

but the bike on this ride is suicidal, and I'm tired of breathing the vapors of the trucks).

it's true and I know some Brussels cyclists who are very lucky that I ended up seeing them.

Conso side, if you manage to do the cons that you advertise with this model is very reasonable.
otherwise, shift gears in time, avoid crushing the mushroom at green light or to get into the traffic. Better to slow down a bit earlier than getting closer to the vehicle ahead, then brake. Same thing when you arrive at a crossroads.

On the safety side, perfectly adjusted mirrors, a nickel rear window and sunglasses on board are as important as looking ahead. Beware of people coming from the right (cars, motorcycles, cyclists)

Good road.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: Advice to a future driver?

by Chatham » 24/01/08, 18:28

Arthur_64 wrote:
I already have a ZX 1.8D Enterprise (driven by my girlfriend) that consumes on average a little more than 5L / 100.

Ben visibly your girlfriend can do, so copies ... and remember that economic driving is not equal to mobile chicane ... :D
0 x
Flytox

Re: Advice to a future driver?

by Flytox » 24/01/08, 19:07

Hello Arthur_64

This is the Zx or your companion who consumes 5L / 100? : Shock:

Okay, I'm going out! : Mrgreen:

Truce joke doubtful. On the road you will meet a huge majority of people who do not drive better than you. Never trust them and always keep a little margin of braking, space etc ... It is better to give priority to a silly jerk than take it because it's your right and have a cardboard ... When you are very young it is not easy to understand, later you will understand that you will not change the morons but you will have preserved your passengers, your life and your coach. : Mrgreen:
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Arthur_64
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Arthur_64 » 24/01/08, 20:50

Thank you for your answers.

In fact it is a conso on the road and not in town because it does not like driving in town (allowed in a small town, so not used).

The sunglasses seem to me a good idea. They are forbidden for examination: the inspector must see where I am looking.

Indeed, the anticipation and absence of stuffing, the progressive driving seems to be a good solution ...
Question of habit, and as many take good from the beginning.

In any case, the user-friendly driving is not the rule on the roads. It takes a good dose of zenitude not to become a driver among the drivers ...
0 x
Arthur_64
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Arthur_64 » 26/01/08, 20:27

The reform of the license which is officially announced for by July by Dominique BUSSEREAU (reduction of the duration of the examination, simplification, so-called emphasis on economic driving), will a priori be put in place much earlier .

It was indeed announced to the inspectors a setting up before the spring, probably to already unclog the practical examinations and not to resort to private examiners (there it is I who supposes).

(End of off topic).
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 26/01/08, 21:12

: Arrow: Like friends, I would say that the ZX is an excellent car from the econological point of view thanks to its reliable technology, and inexpensive, keep it as long as possible. As we wrote on the forum, the maintenance costs of modern cars are flying!

Finally, drive reasonably, paying close attention to the nonsense that others can do, always keeping a sufficient safety margin ...
That, I did not learn by passing my license but passing the motorcycle license ... there I learned to look (in my retro), anticipate, etc.

This morning my wife got in because she was braking to let a pedestrian on a protected passage. The driver who followed (too closely) said that she had not pounded so as not to be hit by a scooter that was too close. The scooter also hit him (without pain) and he escaped ... and the poor lady exploded her front (bumper, lighthouse ...), our volvo she has nothing. :?
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 27/01/08, 00:15

citro wrote:: arrow: Like friends, I would say that the ZX is an excellent car from the econological point of view thanks to its reliable technology, and inexpensive, keep it as long as possible. As we wrote on the forum, the maintenance costs of modern cars are flying!

:?

On this subject, I am going to make an EXPLOSIVE subject with very recent news (tests on 25000 owners of vehicles published in a well-known monthly magazine). I scanned the interesting pages.

The results are edifying: prepare your credit card because the passage through the "garage" box becomes impressive, 50% of which is due to electronic bugs !!
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 27/01/08, 14:16

Flytox said:

Never trust them and always keep a little room for braking, space and so on.

I subscribe! especially since it is not that you see someone he sees you (blind spot, dazzling, distraction, look elsewhere for other reasons, sometimes excellent)
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be