Lighting corridors of a university residence

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 14/01/08, 10:41

elephant wrote: excess savings in stairwells can be dangerous and contribute to deepening the "security hole" :D still think that parents of students may have to circulate there.

Yes. Think especially of the drunk students who can be led to circulate there in a more or less stable state .... It may seem trivial but it is to take into account. Come on, we've all been 20!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/01/08, 10:53

This problem reminds me of the very large halls of shopping malls, stations (in short, public places with high traffic) permanently heated as people enter and stay there usually fully clothed...
0 x
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 14/01/08, 11:59

Supertux wrote:Do you know which component "slams" in electronic ballasts? Because electronics that are well over-sized and that do not heat up, normally there is no reason to wear out.

No, but the lack of reliability of this equipment had caused a scandal in the brand new hyper and as there is a manufacturer of good old coil ballast (all brands) 500m away, the manager's blood only 'a lap... : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 14/01/08, 13:57

Christophe wrote:This problem reminds me of the very large halls of shopping malls, stations (in short, public places with high traffic) permanently heated as people enter and stay there usually fully clothed...

Shops in shopping malls are generally wide open to the gallery in order to encourage passers-by to enter the shops, not to mention restaurants or bakers who have tables set up in these galleries. In short, it's marketing.
However, this is not true for stations that have nothing to sell and where you stay in the open air.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/01/08, 14:05

Here is your remark reminds me of the report we saw the other day: for the same reason (to attract the customer) in the midst of the heating period, doors left wide open on the street by some traders ... but if they do do is that it must be "profitable" ...
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 14/01/08, 14:30

To return to the subject of the university city: should we not start by knowing the electrical network of buildings? Find out, for example, whether each floor / corridor / staircase is independent : Arrow: pretty easy / economical to put presence detectors.
Where are the tables, counters, orders etc - an inventory - and thus be able to propose a concrete and optimized project. In short, real expertise.
Having tried myself to carry out projects for the community during my studies, I quickly learned my lesson: nobody has anything to jerk off unless it can bring in money / a career by making others work at the eye. So if you are really motivated, I think that you really have to work in the concrete, by proposing solutions adapted to each situation, so that the person who will make the decision knows exactly where he is going, how much it costs him, what it pays off. A lot of time and work ... without remuneration and (often) without gratuity.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/01/08, 14:47

Christine wrote:so that the person making the decision knows exactly where they are going, how much it costs, what they are getting.

Sorry for this cliché but I think that many civil servants do not have the possibility to make this kind of decision and to make this reasoning ...

Civil servant reasoning = we have a budget and we have to spend it. Because if we don't spend it next year it will be reduced. It is only when the budget is reduced that we will then have to make change decisions ...

And above all: we should not take any initiative without the authorities having validated revalidated and over-validated.
0 x
pluc
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by pluc » 14/01/08, 15:46

Christine wrote:To return to the subject of the university city: should we not start by knowing the electrical network of buildings? Find out, for example, whether each floor / corridor / staircase is independent : Arrow: pretty easy / economical to put presence detectors.
Where are the tables, counters, orders etc - an inventory - and thus be able to propose a concrete and optimized project. In short, real expertise. .

Well there is already something that complicates the thing a little, it is that apparently there is only one counter for the whole school if I understood correctly, and he is thinking all about jsute to put counters by groups of buildings.
On the other hand it is a business school and not a university, so it has a certain independence and a certain room for maneuver to set up projects like this.
However, the thing is that before actually starting to make any proposals, we really should know the file because they may be quite skeptical.
indeed the school had set up selective sorting in rooms on its own initiative two years ago, but the students not sorting, it was abandoned!
0 x
Jaydi
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Jaydi » 14/01/08, 16:39

I wish you good luck pluc.Je me student, and I think a little know the campuses and the people there and I would say that the biggest problem does not necessarily come from officials as seems to say Christophe, but also students themselves.
The slogan often seems to be "we don't care if it's dirty, it's not at home, we don't care about electricity, it's not us that we're paying"
Well it's not a generality, well, it hurts my heart.
As usual: I say that, I say nothing ^^
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/01/08, 20:00

Well in the case of pluc if there is not even a switch like what I think I understand, I do not see how it is the fault of the students ...

It is the fault of the designers and technical managers of the building ... who undoubtedly have the same thought as the one you just mentioned: "who cares about electricity, it's not us pay".
0 x