Reviews 37 tractor (valtra)

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
phil 14
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Reviews 37 tractor (valtra)

by phil 14 » 26/05/07, 23:24

Good evening everyone,
I own a tractor of the same brand as the tractor 37 and I think to modify it in the coming months.
I would like to have the opinion of the experts on this assembly which surprises me a little with regard to among other things, the distance between the exhaust motor exit and the reactor.
This reactor is fed by a bubbler.
I sent an email to the designer who did not answer me.
Here is my photo montage
Thank you
phil 14

Last edited by phil 14 the 27 / 05 / 07, 18: 56, 1 edited once.
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 27/05/07, 04:36

Hello
I would be very hesitant to make such a montage
first it's a turbo exhaust gas goes through the silencer then it takes the remaining heat in an overdimensioned duct e tun bubeur heated at the LDR

It remains to be seen if it is a multi-jet engine for enlarging the exhaust manifold?

as a poser a reactor at this place, I will have drilled two round holes in both 90 and put a simple right reactor just two welds to do.
Having to put a reactor on such a motor I would place it directly at the exit of the turbo in an exhaust duct inside the silencer, modify the silencer in depth, but the reactor must be before the silencer,
the rest is to your taste GV, bubbler heated exhaust or LDR
before making a true copy of this montage make sure that the one works well, leaves to move to verrifier ..
Maybe on a tractor that forces it to heat up, but I would make measurements on the exhaust temperature at this place to verrifier, we lose a 100c with turbo and with the silencer according to its size a 150c has 200c it remains much of evolume but not of high temperature, did anyone succeed in getting the reactor at a low temperature? it would become interesting for our cars ...
If you have nothing to measure, roll a line of solder to the tin at the exit of the silencer you will see if it melts
at the exit of the turbo aluminum wire with a little insulation
(It sells colored pencils to check the temperature of the iron bars)

you can also put a shorter silence and put your reactor before the silent, but to install in a conduit and in the muffle exempts you of thermal insulation, although it does not need more work .. In each case it is necessary to think long before to cut out the exhaust system ..

Andre
0 x
phil 14
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by phil 14 » 27/05/07, 19:18

Goodnight Andrew
I totally agree with you, and I also find the reactor exit distance to the quilting a bit long.
By the way, is the stitching in the right place (turbo inlet) ??
If it is the kit manufactured in the north, it is a bubbler heated by LDR, with 2 or 3 reactors.
Thank you for your drawing, I think to consider in my editing, rather than move the pot for a question of place.
I hesitate between the bubbler I know well (more cumbersome) and the steam generator placed in the outlet tube pot (I lack references to the volume and the measurements of the SG to obtain the sufficient amount of steam to supply 3 reactors as in the kit).
Thank you
phil 14
0 x
Other

by Other » 27/05/07, 19:35

Hello
hesitates between the bubbler that I know well (more cumbersome) and the steam generator placed in the outlet tube pot (I lack references to the volume and measurements of the SG to obtain the sufficient amount of steam to supply 3 reactors as in the kit).

For the stitching c, is the right place just before the turbo there is no other place c, es tun eendroit retreci that increases the suction the conduit that enters the hose by its shape increases the depression ..
For the GV I can not give you any advice Michel could talk more about it.
look what's simpler for you, in your case you're not submissive like a car to the little ones runs and stops frequent
in addition you often walk in charge a tractor is not to flatter the lawn ..
you have several options, the reactor is doing well and definitively at the beginning, the GV, or the bubbler heats the exhaust or LDR is a props to the reactor, but that determines the proper function. although it is necessary to predict in the course of life an easy change of these methods. Because once the reactor in operation one always seeks to have more yield, thus to envisage easy changes.

Andre
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/05/07, 20:37

I do not think that the turbo is so bad that this to the good functioning of a doping, here is another example of assembly: https://www.econologie.com/montage-sur-u ... s-847.html

What is rather harmful, however, is the reinjection before a possible intercooler ...
0 x
phil 14
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

tractor assemblies

by phil 14 » 20/12/07, 21:30

Good evening everyone,
You will say: a ghost!
Hey, after a very bad season of market gardening (bad weather), I plunged back into Econology to make up for lost time, like all winters.
I attack the editing on my Valtra highly motivated after hearing that q 'a mounting bulleur + reactors (Vulcano) approaches 3000 euros.
There is something that I do not understand in these fixtures (vulcano) is the placement, in most cases, of the reactors in the exhaust pipe, behind the bubbler, in front of the brake pedals of the tractors. The exhaust gases pass through the turbo, then the muffler and run 1 m and + iron pipe before arriving on the reactors! All in the continuous air flow of the radiator fan.
What remains as heat on the reactors to get the announced saving of 20 to 25% of fuel ??
The only advantage is the very small distance between the bubbler outlet and the reactor inlet.
What do you think ??
0 x
phil 14
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by phil 14 » 10/01/08, 09:21

Hello everyone.
I forgot to give news of previous montages which may explain the number of responses to the previous post!
As far as my B70 truck is concerned, I have not been able to improve at the conso level, but it works well and always pulls a little more.
For the generator of my friend, he has not yet dared to edit.
I'm coming back to my Valtra tractor.
Yesterday I did tests of temperature readings at full load at the first S exhaust outlet and on the exhaust pipe (André method with thermocouple son welded on pieces)
- outlet pot: 250 ° approximately
- on pipe escape: 290 ° approximately
I am surprised at the small difference.
I reread all the econology-related drawings of several years about the dimensions of the reactor and I decided to make a simple reactor (19.5 rod mm of diam and 100 mm of length in 22.5 mm inside tube) to cure to the maximum upstream and downstream of the reactor. I think I put it in the first S outlet pot for a first try before cutting the pot to bring it closer to the turbo. I apply all the advice of André whom I thank in passing.
I wanted to ask Christophe if I can open another topic to put the details of my editing (in order to change the title)
a+
phil 14
0 x