Do you know the Twike?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.

The Twike is ...

You can select 1 option

Consult the results
emlaurent
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by emlaurent » 21/08/06, 20:31

Targol wrote:In my opinion, what is especially lacking in this car are the systems for recharging the batteries by the ENRs:
  • solar collectors on the body,
  • retractable wind turbine that comes out of the parking lot.
If this car succeeds the bet of being able to be used without almost never plugging it into an outlet, there, it will become interesting (at least, in my opinion).

I agree to go in the direction of using Enr on this style of vehicle. An energy balance should be assessed to assess how long it takes to recharge with solar or wind. In my opinion, just that excess weight will be very penalizing. Not to mention that to park, the wind turbine must be well positioned or that you are not in the shade : Cheesy:
Not very convenient, all that ...
It is better to have a fixed recharging station connected to a wind turbine placed on a good site or a PV panel facing due south. Even if it has 2 batteries, one in service and one in charge.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 21/08/06, 21:55

and then, it doesn't look great to carry the ladder ...
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 22/08/06, 09:52

elephant wrote:and then, it doesn't look great to carry the ladder ...

But what are you talking about with your ladder, elephant ???
It's been 2 posts where you talk about it.

Where are you coming from : Shock:
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 31/01/07, 01:36

I'm going back to this post to tell you about a vehicle that is also driven by human force ...

http://www.leblogauto.com/2006/10/vehic ... n-car.html

Watch the video, it's excellent! :D
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Christophe

by Christophe » 31/01/07, 09:50

Woodcutter wrote:I'm going back to this post to tell you about a vehicle that is also driven by human force ...

http://www.leblogauto.com/2006/10/vehic ... n-car.html

Watch the video, it's excellent! :D

Nice video ... does not prevent that they are filmed downhill ... but I still put a little news on the blog:
https://www.econologie.info/index.php?20 ... musculaire

However, the link below:

Equally exciting:

PSA tackles the 4 × 4 market
PSA and Mitsubishi have signed an agreement to jointly produce 4X4s in order to take advantage of a growing European 4x4 market. 30 vehicles are expected to be produced from ...

Enough ... uh how to say: Image
0 x
ThierrySan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by ThierrySan » 31/01/07, 10:11

As Christophe says, he only shows the vehicle on the descent ... It must be less funny after the climb, LOL !!!

As for the Twike, I lean towards utopia ... It must be very nice in summer on special tracks ... But on the road and in all weathers, it will be less fun right, right ?!

As for hybrid electric / muscular vehicles, there are quite a few that exist !! In the past, there was already our good old solex, but in thermal!
However, a hybrid quad, I have never seen that! And that is an interesting project !! If he is more pantonized, it becomes enticing ...
0 x
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 16/12/07, 14:15

An interesting machine, but unfortunately almost impossible to approve in France like many other non-standard vehicles like for example. ecomobil (a faired motorcycle) ...
0 x
RolCopter
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

cheaper in Switzerland than in France

by RolCopter » 16/12/07, 15:02

Bonjour à tous

It's good, but it's expensive.
I do not imagine going to work with this machine, I will be forced to take the secondary roads and frankly I will be too scared to be crushed.

The prices do not fall, I do not know who said above that it was the fact of the prices in Switzerland but the I contradict there are many products cheaper in Switzerland than in France country of the commercial scam.

http://www.clean-auto.com/spip.php?article3944
0 x
Less consumption is good
Less pollution is already a great result
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by abyssin3 » 16/12/07, 16:33

In my opinion, at 15.000 € in basic price (according to twike.ch), it is rather utopia.
For that price, you have a second-hand car that can make journeys of a hundred km (twike tests ...), insurance and even fuel ... :|
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."