Pantone beginner ... advice please!

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
juju
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

multi-fuel ...

by juju » 18/11/07, 14:00

Hello,

This is my first post on this forum very interesting.
I already carried out the experiment on a mower, which brought me some lessons.

But I see that the majority of pantone conversions are done to turn with water. I understand well why then that it is easier to adapt on a petrol or diesel engine.

I am interested in the multi-fuel system (like the Mexican ladybug made by pantone), that is to say, starting from a carburetor engine by making it work with what we find (petrol, petrol, gazoile, oil. ..).

Voila, I apologize if there is a subject which speaks about that here, but I am not seen. If someone has feedback I am interested.

Thank you very much.
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 21/11/07, 04:33

Hello
I am interested in the multi-fuel system (like the Mexican ladybug made by pantone), that is to say, starting from a carburetor engine by making it work with what we find (petrol, petrol, gazoile, oil. ..).

Running a 100% panton auto petrol is the regulation that is complex.
I tested it on a Chevrolet on diesel fuel highway
speed stabilized at 90 km / h the reactor is powered by a small reduced model carburetor with manual adjustable richness
the air ratio of the engine is controlled by the main throttle of the engine (injection) so I drive at the speed that the ratio is good
On the highway I cut the gasoline injectors of the car and I operate on diesel with the reactor, I adjust the butterfly to have a panton air vapor ratio so that the engine runs smoothly, the test is done on a 20km at the exit of the highway when we slow down the cooled reactor and the engine starts to click with diesel (probably that with gasoline it would have worked, but it requires good control at all speeds to have the right ratio)
I gave up to make only a water dopag simpler to operate.
When walking with oil on an explosion engine, I advise you to master it well on a mower engine, you will notice that it only works with a highly heated bubbler and that there are residues in the bubbler , that you cannot evaporate all the oil from the bubbler ..

Andre
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 21/11/07, 08:57

Hello to you,

oil is actually a fairly complex element; for me it is a real noble material!
yes it is more difficult to control than water, which is still more so than petrol ...

but I managed to tell myself that it is nevertheless my purpose in terms of "water engine" but rather a multi-fuel engine, ditto: running on oil!

I have already been driving 100% oil for 4 years on a TD ...

but the name "water engine" must have done a little wrong with the little information available "at the time", suddenly some think that it is possible to run at 100% water without too much trouble, so that as André says, it is above all at the level of regulation that an engine is complex, you just have to see how complex a carburetor is, the heart of a gasoline engine!

for me the mower is finally in its final version, except that I have not assembled it for the moment because I have just moved into a property for 3 months and that it delays my projects a little, like many people. ..
however my friend with his 2cv has the same goal as me: to run his petrol engine with oil!
doping of course.
first with fuel as André says, then with oil, each thing has its time.

but first of all, the mower!
good i know what to ask santa claus this year: a reduced model carburetor! =)

without laughing I didn't think that was enough to power a TD engine!
but it is true that a diesel engine does not need a significant flow of fuel ...
0 x
juju
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by juju » 26/11/07, 14:15

Thank you for your answers.

The ideal would be to resume electronic management type injection, with a passage to the bench for a mapping ... because I see myself badly triturais all the valves at each change of regime.
Possible, but not for us.

But it seems to be possible with gasoline to do something simple, with a water reactor in parallel, I know it's always more complicated :|
See you soon
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 27/11/07, 11:00

Hello !

my conclusions:
the pantone can only be applied from a practical point of view in water doping (while waiting to make a super water carburetor?).

> on gasoline engines, there is no point in dreaming of measuring an improvement in consumption or performance, because it is very low, from 10 to 25%, depending on the condition of the engine (segmentation, etc.), the measurement being embedded in its measurement interval: unless POWER measures within 10%! (for information on a ruler graduated in mm we can take a good measurement at + or - 1mm, the interval is therefore 2mm).
> on a gasoline engine, the goal is to boost with water, but above all to switch, once the engine is warm, to fuel! and therefore to diesel, and therefore (following modifications) to oil!

> on a diesel engine, the mixture is lean and not rich like gasoline, the results are much more convincing (up to the difference in the richness ratio?), and can therefore lead to better results, always depending on the condition of the engine. heard.
on a diesel engine you can run on 100% vegetable oil or "in doping" (dual-fuel kit), it is therefore interesting to spike it with water!

voila, do not hesitate to tell me what you think of my personal remarks if I am not mistaken too much?
0 x

Back to "Water injection in the engines: the assembly and experimentation"