Choice of geothermal energy

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
infoforum3
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Choice of geothermal energy

by infoforum3 » 16/10/07, 12:06

Hello everybody

I am currently on a detached house construction project. I plan to switch to geothermal energy? the problem is that not all installers keep the same speech.
Some practice direct soil / soil relaxation, others intermediate soil / water, and glycated water / water, claiming that one is better than the other.

I am completely confused.

I will have a preference for soil / water because if I want to change the boiler everything is possible but the cost is much higher.

The direct expansion technique is cheaper but what will become of this technique in 10 20 30 years ??? Will there still be companies that can help out? what are the maintenance costs? must change the fluid regularly. Can you replace the fluid and put water in the copper pipes
The technique was proposed to me by SOFATH. Are they serious and reliable ?? Should we take a large company recognized nationally?

Thank you in advance for your answers and for your help on these questions.
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 16/10/07, 21:03

Sofath is a fairly old company, it seems to me that they are doing a good job, that someone in my family installed a Sofath system in the 80s and they are still satisfied.
On the technique I can not inform you but take the time to inform you because some systems work less well than others, I was even told that in some, in winter the heating was barely sufficient and that they had to supplement with a wood stove. Technical problem? Problem with the heating engineer? In any case take your precautions because considering the total price .... would be better that it works well!
0 x