Economic electric gate

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 12/02/07, 15:33

grids are not new, and it's a whole story.

In the 19th century, the wealthy had very tall ones to protect themselves from thieves.
then, the petty bourgeois started to pregnant their little plot
(the land is much more expensive than in your Canadian campaigns)

this has several advantages when:

This prevents dogs and young children from going out on the street to get run over.
This allows you to leave a dog on the property, either for comfort or to deter unwelcome visitors.
It protects the little flowers of local children, the lawns of dog droppings

mentalities are indeed different: the last Canadian I met has a property of 17 hectares in New Brunswick, me, with my 17 ares, I have the largest garden ... in the neighborhood.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 12/02/07, 16:23

Here in Belgium, there are hardly ever shutters on the windows of houses. It shocks the French who come to see us, because they have the impression of not having privacy and feel at the limit in insecurity. It is very revealing of the differences of cultures and relational codes.

But hey, that takes us away from the subject
0 x
PITMIX
Pantone engine Researcher

by PITMIX » 12/02/07, 23:49

What disturbed me the most, while sleeping in an English house, was having the full moon right in front of the window and no shutters or curtains.
For a little Frenchman who is used to sleeping with the shutters closed, it's not easy.
The last time I slept under the stars I was in the Pyrenees, it was the cows who woke me up by licking my feet (it surprises : Shock:).
Suffice to say that I was not very cool to fall asleep there : Mrgreen:
Actually it comes out of the subject but hey ...

Those who have linux can they give updates to be able to read my video because it seems that it is not playable for some.
0 x
sam17
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by sam17 » 13/02/07, 08:22

As for the gates and fences in France, for my part it is an almost essential passage, because without that, it is unwanted visits from snoopers who regularly come to spot if there is not something to pilfering ...
0 x
--
Patience is a tree whose root is bitter, and whose fruits are very sweet.
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 13/02/07, 20:41

Thieves have the same mentality in France as in other countries ???

No I think it is the concept of constructions that is quite different.
The new housing developments near Euro-Dysney for example are done in the American way.
The houses are almost on the street and occupy the entire width of the land.
At the back there is a fenced garden.
The front portal becomes obsolete in this case.

By cons in the suburbs where the land is small and the houses in the middle or at the bottom of the land it's really annoying not to have.
0 x
Colmant
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Colmant » 06/05/07, 07:40

Hi pit
to improve your opening system, I just thought that there are coil springs that we install on the doors
it may be more durable than your elastic and less bulky

good vote everyone
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 20/05/07, 16:18

Hi Colmant
Oh you know, I think I'm not going to improve my portal.
It is already at the cutting edge of technology : Cheesy:
Not kidding, I saw that there are electric gates at 169E.
I will certainly end up investing in this thing but I would like to make it autonomous in electricity by a solar module.

Solar electric gates cost more than 600E. It is expensive but I wonder if by hacking something even it would be really cheaper ???
0 x
mnot
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by mnot » 12/10/07, 12:40

Most electric gates operate entirely from a large 12-volt transformer for security reasons (like mine, a brico merdo at 149 €). I suppose it is therefore possible to use a battery with a solar charger. The problem is that the power of the solar panel must be greater than the consumption of the control electronics which remains in standby for the remote control + the recharging of the battery.

For the ecological side attention, we must count the cost of the gray registration for the manufacture and replacement of batteries. Ditto for the economic side.
0 x
Shai'ullud
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Shai'ullud » 12/10/07, 21:48

PITMIX wrote:I think I'm going to do this on other doors because it's very practical, but this time with some recovery gear.
Why do we have remote-controlled central locking cars, when the doors of our houses ask for keys?
It's still more fun to press a button : Cheesy:

All that exists in the trade costs the skin of the buttocks. For 109Euro I would have had an interior lock motor at Conrad. It's also practical, but this lock motor requires that the original lock work very well. If this is not the case, the door must first be repaired or the lock changed.

Ah well done !!!!

I still applaud the miracles of alternative thinking but everyone explains at length of posts that it will be necessary to save energy in the future, and he will electrify all the openings of his house ... : Cheesy:

Why do we still use keys for the doors? Simply because when you want to make a duplicate of your key in addition, you make a copy which costs you only a few euros where you should take out the checkbook for an additional remote control. In addition the cylinder is a wearing part which must be changed regularly according to use. Automatic opening systems exist (such as an identification card detector which does not have to leave your pocket) but are reserved for commercial or industrial use (possibilities for managing access flowcharts for staff) because the reinforced mechanism to resist wear is very expensive.

I would add that to guarantee the closure we now use remote controls with rotating frequencies to avoid the frequency scan by burglars which still brings an obvious additional cost but at least in the evening we find his furniture :P
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 13/10/07, 09:21

Hi guys.
Not wrong all that!
But to complete my installation I replaced my system with an electric worm gate at 97 € all included. : Cheesy:
There is the possibility of operating it on battery, therefore with a solar panel.
No need to have a 20m² solar panel which is important is that the battery provides the appropriate amperage.
The panel is simply used to maintain the battery charge.
Another solution, by installing a small wind turbine 1m in diameter, you can recharge the batteries that power the various home automation devices in the house.
Electrifying all the doors is not yet done but it is an idea that always stays in my head. I can get my electric strike for another door.
The transformer is 1A it is used just for the strike.

You can't make me defeatist.
0 x