Boycott of automakers

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...

Are you ready to commit to waiting for the release of an ecological car and not to change cars, to put pressure on the State lobby, car manufacturer, fuel producer?

The poll expired on 16 / 12 / 07, 13: 07

YES
88%
NOT
12%
WITHOUT OPINION
no votes

Total votes: 26
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 08/09/07, 22:47

The Logan could be interesting with the 'small' engine, but it's still a bit heavy for my taste. I think it is better to have a smaller car, and attach a trailer to it and put a roof box, and that a few days a month of overconsumption, rather than a big heavy empty 95% of the time that will reject an excess of CO2 all year round ...

Glad your daughter got nothing. Sheet metal is just material.

When the stress of the road, ditto for me. Go on a bike if you can, it's really relaxing ...
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
Flytox

by Flytox » 09/09/07, 22:22

Bonjour à tous

It seems to me that the majority of the population is in the "fun car" trip and will not hesitate to have fun by buying a car.

So a boycott would seem totally ineffective to me. : Evil:

Personally, I only buy old cars that consume little that I repair and make last. (No criteria of fashion or appearance at all costs.) My car is a tool !!! Which I am attached to all the more since I worked on it. : Mrgreen: .

When I look at the car budget of the people around me, it confirms my choice.

A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 09/09/07, 22:52

:? I refuse to buy new or too recent is spending too much for vehicles whose technology sold is a pure scam : Evil:

Toyota, the world's leading manufacturer that gets bogged down in making hybrid vehicles that consume 4 to 6 liters per 100km, doesn't give a damn about us : Evil:

The RAV 4 EV marketed from 1997 to 2003:
(Source: http://www.clean-auto.com/)
Offered much better performance than a prius despite its unfavorable weight and aerodynamics:
- Maximum speed: 126 Km / k (40% higher than an electric clio)
- Range: 130 to 190km (2,5 times better than French electric vehicles)

So we can easily imagine that a RAV4 EV equipped with an on-board generator manages to consume less than 3 liters per 100km! :x

Comparable performance and consumption values ​​are already obtained by individuals who themselves transform their car into electric vehicles ...

Like my friends, I refuse to be the slave of technologies (electronics, multiplexing ...) for the most part useless for the consumer and which only increase the profit margin of manufacturers. These technologies, in addition to their questionable reliability, are not even mastered by the after-sales networks of manufacturers ...

The CO2 emissions ... of my vehicles are very high but I have made up my mind by limiting as much as possible the use of our cars which are all over 12 years old, run on LPG, and will last the maximum despite their 160 km (almost new for a safrane) and 000 km (just running in for a volvo). this is what makes it possible to amortize the emissions linked to their construction-deconstruction.
0 x
A2E
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by A2E » 10/09/07, 08:18

delnoram wrote:
A2E wrote:I voted NO because I expect nothing from the manufacturers knowing that they are in league with the oil companies! : Evil:

You should have voted yes because apparently you are ready to wait indefinitely before buying a car for them. : Shock: : Cheesy:

I maintain what I said above Delnoram because I would never buy a new car and even less a French! the next purchase will be a US diesel-powered Chevrolet Van from the 80s-85s.
The kind of puncture-proof utility vehicle where I have the freedom to intervene for maintenance and not these s ......... cars that for a yes or a no put themselves out of service and that it is MANDATORY to call a mechanic and all his electronic equipment for ordinary troubleshooting! : Shock: : Evil:
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 10/09/07, 16:52

A2E wrote:
I maintain what I said above Delnoram because I would never buy a new car and even less a French! the next purchase will be a US diesel-powered Chevrolet Van from the 80s-85s.
The kind of puncture-proof utility vehicle where I have the freedom to intervene for maintenance and not these s ......... cars that for a yes or a no put themselves out of service and that it is MANDATORY to call a mechanic and all his electronic equipment for ordinary troubleshooting! : Shock: : Evil:

We are quite on the same course, :D what I wanted to say is that I had considered the "NO" of the survey as an answer of the kind: "No I would not wait, I would buy them a car as soon as I need it".
But it is true that the poll question does not specify "NEW" for the change of vehicle.
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
Bionergy43
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Bionergy43 » 09/10/07, 15:30

Crispus wrote:
The only downside when it comes to making vehicles last: over time, original spare parts become scarce and more and more expensive. And with the announced elimination of breakages under a false environmental pretext, maintaining your old vehicle risks being as expensive as buying a new "disposable" one at the end of the warranty ...

And after ??? You surprise me !
Personally I'm ready to spend a lot more to recycle than for new "disposable" as you say so well!

Yesterday I had my inkjet printer repaired, the translation belt was ruined: repair cost: 70 €.
I had a small craftsman work for 45 minutes, instead of a Chinese for 2 minutes and a cargo driver for a while ...

My car cost me € 2500 plus € 2500 to change an axle, fix 2-3 odds and ends, and it only has 260 km. For 5000 € I would have had a more recent one but this one would have ended up scrapping! And in addition if I have concerns with the dual fuel (yes me too!) I prefer to screw up a 265k engine than new!

Of course, Denis
0 x
Nature respects us, respects ...: we do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children ...

Back to "biofuels, biofuels, biofuels, BtL, non-fossil alternative fuels ..."