Exhaust soot

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
Flytox

Exhaust soot

by Flytox » 20/08/07, 23:18

Bonjour à tous

For those who have pantomized, have you noticed a decrease or disappearance of black clouds at the exhaust when you are in full acceleration?

For my part, when I exceed the 1.3 l / h of water approximately, I have the impression that it worsens. It's not illogical, well it's rather difficult to quantify. : Mrgreen:

A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

Re: Soot on the exhaust

by Other » 21/08/07, 03:19

Hello
Flytox wrote:Bonjour à tous

For those who have pantomized, have you noticed a decrease or disappearance of black clouds at the exhaust when you are in full acceleration?

For my part, when I exceed the 1.3 l / h of water approximately, I have the impression that it worsens. It's not illogical, well it's rather difficult to quantify. : Mrgreen:

A+

The same principle that if you inject too much exhaust gas you make more soot.
Too much water to exceed 2 liters when you drive fast at night and you have a companion follow it who examines it appecoit that it comes out of particles larger than normal (I assumed it was being cleaned internal in the exhaust circuit (I rolled on the carpet)
In my case the engine hardly smoked before panton, so difficult to say afterwards, On the 300D it takes the pressure from the turbo and delivers to the pump only if there is enough air, this makes the engine a little soft. 1500rpm it starts to pull around 2000 RPM
If you want a diesel not to smoke, accelerate quietly
Although on the pump there is an adjustment for this)

For the amount of water you put in until you feel the engine pull, then you lower the water slightly, that's the economic point.
Although I'm starting to like the driving effect more than the economy side.
Normally if you send water in large drops into the engine it has a descaling effect, while in steam it is less drastic.
The old mechanics quietly emptied a bottle of Coca Cola into the carburetor of an internal combustion engine to clean it up.
(Not in a diesel)
Andre
0 x
zac

by zac » 21/08/07, 11:35

Flytox wrote:Bonjour à tous

A+

Hello

is that your engine is full of shit, when it is clean (300 to 5000km) there will be nothing left.

that's why I "rode" the pantones before the tests; I blow out all the old shit all at once and then it's OK.

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/08/07, 12:58

No zac, if the engine swallows too much water the combustion is necessarily degraded.

A "good" empirical compromise gives about 1/5 water for 1/1 fuel ...
0 x
zac

by zac » 21/08/07, 16:00

Christophe wrote:No zac, if the engine swallows too much water the combustion is necessarily degraded.

A "good" empirical compromise gives about 1/5 water for 1/1 fuel ...

Hello

I'm even below that number about 1/10.

but when I roam the pantone, "I asphixia" the engine at 2500tr for 30 or 40 seconds and I can guarantee you that the ultra rich mixture + water scoured you everything (you just have to see the mouth of the gate).

As soon as the soot turns brick red it's clean and after that it never smokes again.

@+
0 x

Other

by Other » 21/08/07, 16:18

Hello

I also ride in these values

1,2 liters of water for 6,5 liters of diesel
sometimes 0,9 liters is not always regular depending on the driving
city ​​driving uses less water
driving at 130kmh consumes more water and slightly more diesel, but less than exclusively city driving.

Zac have you tried to heat your water before sending it to the carburetor, you can consume a little more without cooling the reactor too much, Although you have to vinegar it easily clogs the hot water jets.

Andre
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/08/07, 16:27

Let's not forget that Zac lives in Réunion ... so the air is, on average, hotter, and therefore more humid (from 10 to 20g of water / kg of air depending on the ambient temperature), than the air of Europe and even more that of Quebec ...

This probably explains, in part, that Zac is only 1/10 ...
0 x
zac

by zac » 21/08/07, 18:24

Christophe wrote:
This probably explains, in part, that Zac is only 1/10 ...

Hello

completely agree, our real water consumption must be worth it.

I heat up slightly because my inlet pipe passes along the pot and then an engine compartment with us is quickly at 80 ° so my fleet must arrive at around 50/60 ° in the carburetor.

@+
0 x

Flytox

by Flytox » 21/08/07, 18:58

zac wrote:is that your engine is full of shit, when it is clean (300 to 5000km) there will be nothing left.

Bigre! up to 5000 km, I who believed that a series of good thrusts was enough to clean it all! At the technical control, I saw the mechanic give about twenty thrusts and that seemed to be enough to stop making a plume from time to time.

Then he checked the opacity.

If I understand correctly, this is not a good indicator to know if we are on the path to "pollution control". : Mrgreen:

A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 22/08/07, 23:51

8) I remember seeing engines clean by making them drink a liter of oil and then a liter of water.
The mechanic, after adjusting the distribution, poured the contents of a pitcher directly into the carburetor (air filter removed) by operating the throttle to keep the engine very high in the revs.
It smoked white when he poured water and blue when he turned to oil.
The engine held up without flinching. I don't remember hearing a simca 1100 engine run so smoothly. :D
0 x

Back to "Water injection in the engines: the assembly and experimentation"