The myths of global warming

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 30/06/07, 21:26

Capt_Maloche wrote:
thejoker wrote:the co² does not participate in warming

Yet the relationship Rate Co2 / T ° is well established on the records of ice cores
[...]
Beware of a simple thing, but important for the rest.

The Vostok cores, which were in 2005 supplemented by those of the Dome C (up to 650 000 years) show one thing: the very strong correlation between the temperature, and two gases that we know to be greenhouse, CO2 and CH4.

But that does not mean that it is the increase of GHGs that has caused the increase of T ° in these remote times (we consider moreover that they are rather solar variations).

Simply, there is no increase in T ° without GHG increase because feedbacks are very important ...
This leads one to think very strongly that an increase in GHGs will lead to an increase in T °: it is only that the different models that take into account all the (positive and negative) interactions existing between all the GHGs retained and the average temperature of the globe.

Currently, measures to demonstrate that GHGs:
- are constantly increasing in the atmosphere,
- very quickly,
- at levels never achieved in the past of the species Homo, according to the polar cores ...

Without human action, GHGs should, if the Earth follows the same solar cycles, slowly decrease in the atmosphere. This is not really what is happening and we have to wonder about the consequences of that.
I think that's about what we're doing.
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."