Volkswagen Golf GTE85 MORE: Hybrid multifuel SYCOMOREEN

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Volkswagen Golf GTE85 MORE: Hybrid multifuel SYCOMOREEN

by sicetaitsimple » 03/06/23, 15:12

Remundo wrote:Personally, I account for a flat rate of 40% of the km pushed in thermals and that is more than enough for precision.

A little common sense, and what an order of magnitude is, it doesn't hurt! THANKS!
PS: even if it only applies to your type of use, of course.
1 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 03/06/23, 15:27

oh yes, that corresponds to my uses, which are still quite stable, the routine of work and family constraints leading to a "smoothing around 40%"

note however that there are many factors of variability, eg summer / winter seasonality, in winter, the share of thermal increases while it decreases in summer.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/06/23, 15:36

Remundo wrote:more seriously, it's not as binary as you think: when the thermal engine starts, the proportions of electrical and thermal power to the wheels are extremely variable.

Yes I suspect, but it doesn't matter the power since all we want are the hours of operation of the combustion engine...

ps: yes NCSH, I simply approximated 10 kWh/L... but as the engine output is variable I don't think it makes a big difference....
1 x
NCSH
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by NCSH » 03/06/23, 15:47

Christophe wrote:
Remundo wrote:more seriously, it's not as binary as you think: when the thermal engine starts, the proportions of electrical and thermal power to the wheels are extremely variable.

Yes I suspect, but it doesn't matter the power since all we want are the hours of operation of the combustion engine...

ps: yes NCSH, I simply approximated 10 kWh/L... but as the engine output is variable I don't think it makes a big difference....

The advantage of hybridization is to be able to improve the efficiency of the use of the source of energy supplied to the heat engine, by preventing it from operating in the phases with lower efficiency, especially at low load and low rpm.

What is unfortunate is that there are no publications on this subject, especially since in principle, it is now only a question of firing red balls (and green!) against all the engines exploding!
3 x
To discover the parallel universe of non-fossil carbon energy carriers, take the time to browse (15 min) the website NCSH : http://www.ncsh.eu/language/fr/energie-et-matiere/
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 03/06/23, 16:11

Remundo wrote:oh yes, that corresponds to my uses, which are still quite stable, the routine of work and family constraints leading to a "smoothing around 40%"

We have already discussed quite a bit on this, I think, being "relatively in agreement".
You obviously do about 25000 km/year, double that of an "average" private vehicle in France.
With the same car, the French "average individual" would therefore consume much less gasoline.
But there is in fact no "average particular", there is only an average of particular cases!
With my approximately 3000km/year today, I would personally like, for example, to buy an electric car, but that would objectively be bullshit from an economic and certainly even ecological point of view. Maybe I will, for fun....A hybrid is certainly a bit the same, it really depends on what you're using it for.
So, for the hybrid vehicle, which I would like to believe, models with less performance than yours, the internal combustion engine being just a range extender? I haven't identified any on the market yet, but it may come... Not really sure...
1 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 03/06/23, 20:10

sicetaitsimple wrote:So, for the hybrid vehicle, which I would like to believe, models with less performance than yours, the internal combustion engine being just a range extender?

I specify, because this notion of "range extender" is certainly interpretable (but I think Remundo agrees?).
The car in question would only be powered by an electric motor, not by an electric/thermal tandem.
The thermal engine, of low power, would be used only to produce electrical energy which comes to recharge the battery if necessary. So very simple, no need for clutches, gearboxes, transmissions, and operating when it operates at the point of best efficiency independent of the operation of the vehicle itself.
By providing heat for the passenger compartment in winter, a little extra.
2 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 03/06/23, 22:39

the idea of ​​the range extender is indeed to have a 100% electric car/traction by design, on which a generator comes to provide additional electric power.

This additional power can be used as a boost if there is still battery left to obtain strong acceleration, or to support/recharge the battery when it is empty.

This is for me the best design, but very few vehicles make this proposal. There was the BMW I3 REX which was discontinued after a few years of production.

Also the Chevrolet Volt / Opel Ampera, also discontinued.

Currently the choice is lithium pachyderms.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 11/09/23, 21:58

Some news from the Golf GTE85 PLUS

At the end of August, the beauty was cuddled, finally, after a little over 200 km on the clock.

All oils were changed with filters accessible. this will reassure Christophe :)

Also the 4 shock absorbers.

The engine purrs like new, and I really found the handling, almost new.

The shock absorbers are MONROE OESpectrum premium suitable for the Golf VII 1.4 TSI model.
https://www.monroe.com/fr-fr/products/l ... ctrum.html

At the moment, it's hot and the battery charges up to 44 km for around 5,7 kWh extractable and consumption below 13 kWh/100km.

Everything's fine even for people who complain, :P
1 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 08/10/23, 19:23

Last 100h cycle of the Golf GTE85 PLUS

IMG-20231008-00587.jpg
IMG-20231008-00587.jpg (451.03 KB) Consulted 634 times

5106 km traveled at an average of 51 km/h

consumption
2.6 L / 100 km from E85
8.3 kWh/100 km of electricity

Costs: 4.55 € / 100 km

Savings compared to gasoline: 378 €

Reduction of CO2 emissions: by a factor of 8.

See the statistics for almost 183000 km experienced in E85/Electricity hybridization
1 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 06/03/24, 23:55

Last 100h cycle of the Golf GTE85 PLUS

IMG-20240226-00630.jpg
IMG-20240226-00630.jpg (396.99 KB) Consulted 266 times

5453 km traveled at an average of 55 km/h

consumption
3.3 L / 100 km from E85
9 kWh/100 km of electricity

Costs: 5.06 € / 100 km

Savings compared to gasoline: 319.82 €

Reduction of CO2 emissions: by a factor of 6,34.

See the statistics for more than 193000 km experienced in E85/Electricity hybridization
2 x

Back to "Special motors, patents, fuel consumption reduction"