Is Jean-Marc Jancovici a c ...?

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Remundo

Re: Is Jean-Marc Jancovici a c ...?

by Remundo » 28/05/23, 16:17

he simply talks to you :P
1 x
albert91
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by albert91 » 28/05/23, 18:17

The previous Jancovici review is a bit short: take a few of these arguments and tell us why it's just bullshit.

The two Chinese EPRs work, because the shell, the tank and the cover are made by Chinese industry. Ours should start well one day.

Yes, generation 4 of fission power plants have existed for a long time, in France Superphenix and Astrid were fast neutron reactors.
I'm talking about industrial versions produced on a large scale, not "demonstration" reactors that will have no impact on how we waste uranium ore by using only uranium 235.

As for the merger, it will only be the future if it is mastered, which is not won, I grant you that.
To do research, to build giant prototypes, you need a lot of energy, money which represents the wealth of a country.
We must also be missing technologies such as room temperature superconductivity.
Everything that cannot be created when oil is scarce and expensive.

I see no future for the Europeans from an energy point of view: the Germans are walking alongside their pump and taking us with them, no more taste for risk, research at half mast, no big project but circumstantial measures dictated by politicians , the engineers having become inaudible.
Once at the bottom of the hole, it is not certain that we can go up.
1 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 28/05/23, 19:16

A few approximations though....
What we call "generation 4" is much more than Phénix or SuperPhénix (I'm not talking about Astrid, which only exists on paper), particularly in terms of safety. Admittedly, they are fast reactors in both cases, but basically that's it.
I am surprised not to see a reaction of the type "the merger is progressing"! Because indeed, it is advancing with photovoltaic solar! In addition the reactor is very far and a priori does not seem to need to be recharged for a few billion years! :D
As for the Germans, those who know me on this forum know that I am not an admirer of their energy policy. But hey, it's theirs... And a priori they've assumed it for many years, even if it cost them a fortune.
0 x
albert91
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by albert91 » 28/05/23, 21:03

sicetaitsimple wrote:A few approximations though....
I am surprised not to see a reaction of the type "the merger is progressing"! Because indeed, it is advancing with photovoltaic solar! In addition the reactor is very far and a priori does not seem to need to be recharged for a few billion years! :D

I just saw a report in the TF1 newspaper this evening.
To install many solar panel farms, the forest is razed despite legal action.
From an environmental point of view, this is ridiculous.
The town hall, owner of the former forest, welcomes the €150 annual rental of the land.

Following a subject on nuclear fusion with strong special effects, but without new information. Even the success of the project is postponed for 30 years as it was already 30 years ago.
A bit like the credit card, it's rolling 30 years... : Mrgreen:
2 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 28/05/23, 21:26

I didn't want to start a debate on the good or less good uses and locations of photovoltaics.
Just point out that it is still a use of energy from fusion, with an almost infinite and free reactor!
And which is developing today, certainly faster than a hypothetical controlled fusion sector which would see the light of day in 40 or 50 years.
0 x
PVresistif
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by PVresistif » 04/10/23, 14:48

I refer you to the magazine Le Point N°2667 page 103 where J Lecomte in his work “Nothing is played” outwits the collapseists such as Jancovici;
he says “Jean Marc Jancovici considers that democracy is not suitable for resolving the climate crisis”;
Well Mr. Jancovici would have to tell us if he prefers fascism!!!!
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 04/10/23, 22:34

It's not as binary as that.

Democracy is a slow system whose voters do not fully understand the issues. This is why Jancovici is circumspect about democracy.
0 x
pedrodelavega
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by pedrodelavega » 05/10/23, 06:20

Democracy is a fast system. Terms of office are short. The results of the elected officials' policies must be palpable quickly. People vote for those who have (or promise) a program that will impact their lives as soon as possible. It's human.
Voters understand the issues of global warming very well, but dealing with this problem requires long-term actions. Actions which are essentially constraints “immediately” for improvement (reduction of impact) in the “long time”.
However, democracy still remains the worst system...with the exception of all the others.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 07/03/24, 18:13

I missed this September 2023 interview on Thinkerview

Nothing particularly new, but still interesting from my point of view.
2 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/03/24, 22:29

The conclusion makes up 60% of the interview...is that normal?

Ah yes we can when we are a polytechnicienchien... : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:
0 x