Do the French shun seasonal work?

philosophical debates and companies.
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Do the French shun seasonal work?

by sicetaitsimple » 05/05/23, 21:43

Ahmed wrote:To take the case of Australia, ....

My daughter spent a year in Australia 4 or 5 years ago with her boyfriend. The system you describe does indeed exist, but it's frankly not far from slavery according to what she told me.
On the other hand, finding a job (not very qualified of course) for a few days (and also getting fired overnight!) was, as she told me, very easy. They came back delighted with this experience.

Well, they moved on to different things (maybe more serious? or at least their age) in France, I've been a Grandpa for about 18 months! :D
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 05/05/23, 21:51

Be careful, however, not to go from "grandpa cakes" to "sweet grandpa", "J", if you read us, Image. : Mrgreen:
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 05/05/23, 21:52

A logical answer:
the French seasonal worker "expatriates" to "100 km" from his home for 20% left to live in the pocket. the foreigner perceives between 3 and 8 times the average salary of his country .... not complicated to understand.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 05/05/23, 21:54

Yes, the working conditions are hard and it is better to be robust to support them, however the relations with the employers are generally very cordial (provided that one returns in the expected productivity!), which is in accordance with the style Australian. However, the experiences of Melanesians are more mixed, because skin color has a significant influence on the quality of reception...
New minimum wage rules do try to temper the piecework system, but if production is below the minimum wage equivalent, people actually get fired...

Izentrop, this is true for those who come from a country with a low standard of living, but not in the case of the young French people I mentioned.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 05/05/23, 22:14

GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:Be careful, however, not to go from "grandpa cakes" to "senior grandpa",

We can't swear to anything....But I'm leaving without being bogged down in creationism, vaccine archives, crappy comparative anatomy, frozen sitz baths with supplement,.......
Hopefully it will help me to keep a sufficiently open mind on the world...and its evolutions. :D
1 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 05/05/23, 22:17

Image Ice cold sitz baths "with supplement" no but PTDR!!!! A summit!!! I'm crying, you made my day!!!
0 x