Deep geothermal project of soutz under forest

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
catouni
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Deep geothermal project of soutz under forest

by catouni » 13/06/07, 10:24

Hello everyone, I have to explain to young children how the geothermal power station of soutz under forest will work (European project) I have already been to see sites on the internet but I would like to summarize and simplify (without being wrong!) Then I say: " hot dry rocks located at a depth of 5000m are used as an energy source Cold water under pressure is injected into a first well, which heats up on contact with the hot rock and rises through a second well. hot is used to generate steam and generate electricity "
Thank you beforehand
Catouni :D
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/06/07, 11:40

Uh yes it seems pretty synthetic.

Just say a word about the depletion of the deposit (20 years after the visit I made to Soultz) and the profitability of such a project which is not at all current in view of the energies fossil ...

Otherwise we have already mentioned this project here: energies-renewable / geothermal-a-deep-sub-soultz drill-t1871.html

You should find information.
0 x