Philosophy: Some quotes to ponder

philosophical debates and companies.
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Philosophy: Some quotes to ponder

by Obamot » 12/11/22, 06:02

...in a country where many French people no longer know how to write French...
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 16/04/23, 13:32

Dedicated to those who want to shoot the forum by making it become a "mainstream duplicate"double blind!

Pushing us to have to justify everything, self-censor:

THE DISPUTE HERE IS US!

And Bam !!!
2 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 16/04/23, 13:41

0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 16/04/23, 13:44

WoW already a "funny"...?
You feel targeted... the McDonalds of thought....

Well "us" is disgust...
... of your censorship!

(That's it, it's done, nothing to square) : Mrgreen:
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 16/04/23, 14:15

excellent reaction from bercoff! Bourdin is a consensual journalist who is more of the type: "today, we scratch" by sparing the goat and the cabbage to be considered someone "respectable", unlike Bercoff who puts his feet in the dish and who splashes. Comparatively it would be Mélenchon VS Marine le Pen.
1 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 16/04/23, 14:57

Bourdin copy of Talk Show US genre Larry King Live
Larry King wrote: "I never forgot that I was poor and I never stopped thinking about how lucky I was.".

....but by a pale copy and by over-playing its role. As any plagiarist feeling the need to do...

Bourdin is also struggling to find his place if he does not see himself at the top of the bill (hey, that raps me. qq.)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/11/23, 12:04

Einstein was a third grade teacher? I did not know...

In short, the form is certainly bad, but the substance is good...

One day, Albert Einstein wrote on the board:
9x1 = 9
9 2 x = 18
9x3 = 27
9x4 = 36
9x5 = 45
9x6 = 54
9x7 = 63
9x8 = 72
9x9 = 81
9x10 = 91

Chaos suddenly started in the room because Einstein had made a mistake and all his students were laughing at him.

Albert waited until everyone was silent and said:

“Despite the fact that I correctly analyzed nine problems, no one congratulated me”

But when I made a mistake, everyone started laughing.

This means that even if a person succeeds, society will not congratulate him but will notice his slightest flaw....and the critics will love that.
2 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/11/23, 12:14

Another one :

"An incredulous philosophy professor standing in an auditorium full of students asks one of them a question:
- You are a Christian son, aren't you?
Yes, professor.
- So you believe in God
- Of course.
- Is God good?
Of course he's good.
-And is God all powerful? Is God capable of everything?
- Yes.
- And you - are you good or bad?
- according to the Bible, I am bad.
The teacher's face appeared a smile of his highness
- Ach tak, Biblia!
And after a moment of reflection, he adds:
- I have an example for you. Let's say you know a sick and suffering person who you can heal. You have this ability. Would you help this person? Or would you at least try?
Of course, professor.
- So you're good...!
- I don't think you can say it like that.
- But why not ? You would help a sick person in need if only you had the chance. Most of us would. But God doesn't do that.
Despite the student's silence, the professor continues to speak
- That doesn't help, does it? My brother was a Christian and died of cancer even though he prayed to Jesus for healing. So Jesus is good? Can you answer this question for me?
The student remains silent so the teacher adds
- You can't answer, can you?
To give a student a moment to think, the professor takes a glass from his desk and takes a sip of water.
- Let's start at the beginning boy. God is good ?
- Come on... he's good.
-And Satan is good?
Without hesitation the student responds
- No no.
-And who does Satan come from?
The student was shaking like:
- Of God.
Exactly. So God created satan. Now tell me again son - is there evil in the world?
- It exists Professor...
Evil is therefore present in the universe. God created the universe, right?
It is true.
- So who created evil? Since God created all things, God also created evil. And since evil exists, therefore according to the rules of logic, God is evil too.
The student cannot find an answer again.
- Are there diseases, immorality, hatred, disgust? All these atrocities that appear in the candle that surrounds us?
The student responds with a trembling voice
- They happen.
-And who made them?
The room was quiet, so the teacher repeats the question
- Who did that ?
Due to lack of response, the professor stops his pace and begins to look around the auditorium. All the students are dead.
Tell me - speaker to another person
- Do you believe in Jesus Christ son?
A strong tone of the answer attracts the teacher's attention:
- Yes Professor, I think so.
An elderly man for a student:
- In light of science, you have five senses that you use to evaluate the world around you. Have you ever seen Jesus?
- No, Professor. I've never seen it before.
- So tell us, have you already heard your Jesus?
- No Teacher..
- Have you ever touched, tasted or smelled your Jesus? Have you ever had physical contact with Jesus Christ or God in any form?
- No Professor.. Unfortunately I didn't have this kind of contact.
-And you still believe in Him?
- Yes.
- According to all the rules of experimentation, science affirms that your God does not exist... What do you think, son?
- Nothing - this is in response - I only have my faith.
- Yes, I believe... - repeats the professor - and this is where science encounters a problem with God. There is no proof, just faith.
A student is silent for a moment, after which he asks himself a question:
Professor - Does heat exist?
- Yes.
- Is there such a cold phenomenon?
- Yes son, the cold also exists.
- No, Professor, cold does not exist.
A clearly interested professor turned to the student.
Everyone in the room was frozen. The student begins to explain:
- You may have lots of heat, more heat, super hot, mega hot, infinite heat, heat to whiteness, little heat or no heat, but we have nothing to call cold. You can cool substances to minus 273,15 degrees Celsius (absolute zero), which means no heat - we can't get any lower. Cold does not exist, otherwise we could cool substances to temperatures below 273,15°C. Every substance or thing is examined when it possesses energy or is the source of it. Absolute zero is the total absence of heat. As you see professor, cold is just a word that we have to describe the lack of heat. We cannot measure the cold. We measure heat in units of energy, because heat is energy. Cold is not the opposite of heat, cold is the absence of it.
There was a deep silence in the conference room. In a far corner, someone dropped a feather, making a sound like hitting a hammer.
And the darkness, professor? Is there such a phenomenon as darkness?
- Yes - the professor answers without hesitation - what is night if not darkness?
- You're wrong again. Darkness is not something, darkness is the absence of You can have little light, normal light, bright light, flashing light, but if that light is missing, then there is nothing and it This is what we call darkness. This is the meaning of the word darkness. Darkness does not exist. If it existed, you could make it even darker, right?
Teacher smiles at a student. It's going to be a good semester
- What do you mean by that, young man?
- I believe it, professor, that the assumptions of your reasoning are false from the start, therefore the conclusion drawn is also false.
This time, the professor's face is surprised:
- Fake ? How are you going to explain this to me?
- The basis of your reasoning is based on dualism - explains the student
- you say that there is life and there is death, that there is a good God and a bad God. Do you think of God as a finite person to be measured. Professor, science is incapable of explaining even such a phenomenon as thought. He uses the concepts of electricity and magnetism, without fully knowing the essence of any of these phenomena. The declaration that
death is the opposite of life proves ignoring the fact that death does not exist as a measured phenomenon. Death is not the opposite of life, but its absence. And now professor, please answer me. do you teach students who come from
- If you mean the process of evolution, young man, that's what it is.
- Have you ever watched this process with your own eyes?
The professor shook his head while smiling, realizing the direction the student's argument was going. A very good semester indeed.
- Since none of us have ever witnessed evolutionary processes and are unable to trace them by doing any experiment, then in this situation, according to his previous argument, you are no longer giving us scientific advice, Aren't you more of a preacher than a scientist then?
He died in the room. A student waiting for the tension to subside.
- So that you understand how you manipulated my predecessor, let me give you another example - a student looks around the room
-Have any of you ever seen a professor's brain?
The audience bursts out laughing.
-Have any of you ever heard, touched, tasted or smelled the professor's brain? It doesn't look like anyone. So, according to the scientific method of research that you mentioned earlier, you can say, with all due respect, that you have no brain, Professor. If science says you don't have a brain, how can we trust your lectures professor?
Dead silence settles in the room. The teacher looks at the student's eyes in disbelief. After a moment of silence, which seemed to last an eternity, the professor choked:
- Looks like you're going to have to take it for granted.
- So you admit that faith exists, and what's more - it is an essential element of our daily life. Now Mr. Professor, please tell me, does evil exist?
Not so sure about the answers the teacher says
- Of course it exists. We see them every day. At least in the daily performance of man against man. On all the outbreaks of crime and violence present in the world. After all, these phenomena are only evil.
Here is what a student responds to:
- Evil does not exist, professor, or rather it does not appear as a phenomenon in itself. Evil is simply the absence of God. It is like darkness and cold, it acts as a man-made word to describe the absence of god. God did not create evil. Evil occurs when man does not have God in his heart. Evil is like cold caused by lack of heat and darkness caused by lack of light.
The professor slid helplessly in the chair.
The second student was Albert Einstein. Einstein wrote a book called “God and Science” in 1921.”
2 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 05/11/23, 12:20

It's definitely Einstein morning...

This one may be authentic though...

einstein.jpg
einstein.jpg (303.43 KiB) Viewed 463 times
1 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 05/11/23, 13:28

By all the rules of experimentation, science affirms that your God does not exist...

This extract goes quickly.

Science is content to say that it cannot demonstrate or refute the existence of "God", which moreover is a poorly defined concept (or thing?).

Science also says that it does not need a hypothesis of God (and more generally any spirituality, including atheism) to analyze the world around us.

But the text is quite interesting. : Idea:
1 x

Back to "Society and Philosophy"