The future will pass you it with biomass?

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The future will pass you it with biomass?

by Ahmed » 20/02/23, 19:27

The combustion of straw (in the form of pellets) generates clinker, i.e. fusible ash which solidifies on cooling, which quickly obstructs the hearth, unless a device is specially adapted for this type of fuel and which eliminates it automatically ...

More generally, as for many other concepts, it is more a question of shifting the problem than solving it, for lack of a somewhat global vision.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 20/02/23, 19:52

Ahmed wrote:The combustion of straw (in the form of pellets) generates clinker, i.e. fusible ash which solidifies on cooling, which quickly obstructs the hearth, unless a device is specially adapted for this type of fuel and which eliminates it automatically ...

More generally, as for many other concepts, it is more a question of shifting the problem than solving it, for lack of a somewhat global vision.

First sentence, totally agree, even if there is not only this disadvantage.
Second sentence, regarding burning pellets, understood nothing, but you know my low side of the forehead! :D
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 20/02/23, 20:05

Repack your supposed "low side of the forehead"! : Wink:
I mean that very often the problems are considered only through the small end of the telescope, without putting into perspective the whole question and the possible interactions with other factors. Biomass is typical of this restrictive reasoning, since it appears to be the ultimate solution to supply difficulties in other sectors; except that what is possible on a reduced scale is no longer possible if everyone falls back on it. Particle boards, boiler room chips and pellet production (not to mention logs) draw from the same source; if the reserve is still important, it is only an illusion which will quickly disappear with a growing material flow.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 20/02/23, 20:37

Ahmed wrote: Particle boards, boiler room chips and pellet production (not to mention logs) draw from the same source; if the reserve is still important, it is only an illusion which will quickly disappear with a growing material flow.

There you go, I get it! Why not say it directly like that rather than writing "More generally, as for many other concepts, it is more a question of shifting the problem than solving it, for lack of a somewhat global vision."?
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 21/02/23, 12:20

As you have noticed, I have a pronounced taste for the ellipse, the compact... : Oops:
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 21/02/23, 13:11

Ahmed wrote:As you have noticed, I have a pronounced taste for the ellipse, the compact... : Oops:

Yes, I had noticed...especially with your hay press and your log press as far as compaction is concerned! :D

The elliptical too. I'm not going to change you, I just think it harms the dialogue if the subject is a fairly basic and technical subject like this, it is certainly more suitable in the case of debates of a more "philosophical" nature.
Of course, the future will not go through biomass, it just has a small role to play alongside many others, to the extent of its possibilities. Might as well try to find the best ones...or to be more modest to criticize the less good ones.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 21/02/23, 19:51

I am very flattered that you have perceived this correspondence between my crafts and my texts: a fine example of cohesion, isn't it? :P
As for the second part of your post, of course I completely agree with you.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 21/06/23, 18:55

An aberration?
The EDF power plant in Port-Est, Reunion, 12 diesel engines of around 20MW each, is going renewable!
https://imazpress.com/actus-reunion/la- ... nouvelable
Rapeseed oil....A priori made in mainland France according to the article, at least the holder of the supply contract is French but the origin is not really specified, there is only take it there...
For the additional cost, no problem concerning a DOM, it is the CSPE or what succeeded it (so each French electricity consumer) who regales....
Uuuhhh....
3 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 21/06/23, 19:55

As you are! You're always going to look for the little beast! Since we tell you that Reunion is going to renewable, isn't it wonderful? : Lol:
Thus, by a sleight of hand, rapeseed oil has become a by-product of this crop which is intended for the production of cake to feed livestock (I naively believed the opposite)...
What is fantastic is that hydrocarbons are used in the form of fertilizer and fuel to restore ultimately a fuel for generating systems... : Shock:
2 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 21/06/23, 20:07

Ahmed wrote:As you are! You're always going to look for the little beast! Since we tell you that Reunion is going to renewable, isn't it wonderful? : Lol:

Yes, I know, sometimes I nitpick when I should be happy....
It is true that growing rapeseed to feed farm animals while "getting rid" of this cumbersome by-product that is oil is still a remarkable step forward.....
1 x

Back to "hydraulic, wind, geothermal, marine energy, biogas ..."