Jean Ziegler: "Empire of shame"

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Jean Ziegler: "The Empire of Shame"

by Obamot » 15/02/23, 17:39

Ash .. : Shock: : Shock: : Shock: no?

Did I say anything bad? I could be wrong but that still is hot potato : Arrow: health-pollution-prevention / covid-19-list-of-effective-vaccines-t16510-6940.html # p524460 : Arrowl: and joins Ziegler on the springs of what he denounces... Moreover in a palpable future already there, here now... (Recent shortage in service stations and effects on a partially immobilized country... no?)
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Jean Ziegler: "The Empire of Shame"

by Ahmed » 17/02/23, 19:51

If the analyzes of the situation of the World by Ziegler are relevant, the changes he advocates on the subject, for example, of the functioning of the UN smack of the most disembodied idealism: if the States appreciate having a seat in a body capable of settling secondary problems, they never will accept any obstacle to their action on sensitive subjects.
Same thing with regard to food issues: the fetishistic nature of the economy allows the worst atrocities without anyone really being responsible, except for this "automatic subject".
I also think that it testifies to an excessive optimism as to the reaction capacity of the "committed left" (against the climate (sic) or for societal questions), because these movements are for the most part instrumentalised* with a view to economic transition and not at all likely to attack capitalism. On the latter, point, it is right that he emphasizes that it would not be a question of "improving" it, but of destroying it. Alas, the example he takes from the French Revolution shows enough his capacity to delude himself: if it is true that it is difficult but possible to overthrow the oppression of a caste, the impersonal domination which is the true result of these historical events shows that the system of authority has thus become prodigiously locked.

* In a recent thread, there was talk of a manipulation of Greta Thunberg by his father, but this is to mistake the analysis; the real question is this: it's not where she gets what she says that matters, but whether she can say it with so many complacent mics to echo it. This shows that his words are perfectly in line with what the political and economic powers wish to put forward to public opinion (for manipulative purposes) and what better ambassador than this young "opponent"?
1 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."

Back to "Economy and finance, sustainability, growth, GDP, ecological tax systems"