Mounting small power PWM solar controller question

Various experiences made by members of the forums concerning in particular small household appliances and energy management.
cressi
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Mounting small power PWM solar controller question

by cressi » 12/02/23, 07:30

Hello,

I am a beginner and I come to you for information, thank you in advance for your patience.

I want to make an assembly for maintaining the charge of a small 12v 5Amp battery from a flexible 10w solar panel with a PWM charge regulator.

The problem is that the panel must be glued to the support and therefore impossible to keep the connection box behind the panel.
I was able to dismantle the box and solder the wiring directly out of the panel and come to the regulator, it works.
The concern comes rather from the diodes, is it imperative to install one or more barrier diodes to protect the panel at the panel output of the regulator or the regulator is already doing the job in order to avoid even more loss.

Thanks in advance.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Mounting small power PWM solar regulator question

by izentrop » 12/02/23, 19:04

What is not necessary is for the battery to discharge in the panel at night. A well-designed PWM regulator does not allow this without adding an anti-reverse diode.

To answer correctly, it would be necessary to reference all the elements with the characteristics and the diagram.
0 x

Back to "econological Laboratory: different experiences for econologic"