Lack of pressure in the sanitary water

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Lack of pressure in the sanitary water

by phil59 » 10/02/23, 13:27

Here, the pressure at home is low, confirmed by one of my daughters who lives 200m away, and the manos for the heating are at 1.5, approximately.

pressure.JPG
pressure.JPG (59.05 KiB) Viewed 1526 times

https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005005135081685.html

I'm thinking of adding that for 50€.

What do you think? the goal is just to have a very small bar in addition to pressure.
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Lack of pressure in the sanitary water.

by sicetaitsimple » 10/02/23, 14:04

It's still surprising!
Well, you're a handyman, I guess you've already investigated.
But what about the water company?
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Lack of pressure in the sanitary water.

by phil59 » 10/02/23, 15:18

Well, I had already asked the question 10-15 years ago, and their answer was if you think it's low, we can send you at your expense, a person who will control the flow, if it's good, it's for your "apple", otherwise it's for us...

At the time, I didn't want to try, and I only had one pressure gauge for the boiler.

Today, I have several, at different points of the circuit, and it is "confirmed".

My "son-in-law", let's say, went to see too.
Same kind of response, but he knew that the town hall refused to change the pipes, while it is a private company, which we pay.

He was offered €50 to put a booster at his own expense....

So the pressure is very low, I have about 1.5, but the boiler and balloon are in the cellar, and it's having trouble rising.

If I could find something like 2 bars, I think that would be about enough.
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Christophe

Re: Lack of pressure in domestic water

by Christophe » 10/02/23, 15:45

Logically the pressure must arrive on the network around 3 bars...it is the "norm"...

If you only have 1.5, it's up to whoever bills you to say why it's so low. It's up to them to solve and explain the problem...

I don't really believe in the Chinese gadget, it's probably a diaphragm pump that doesn't support continuous operation very well and only produces a low flow. This thing must be good for occasional use (camping car?)...

Or you have to install 1 per tap... hello to the construction site and the bill!

A real suppressor seems to me to be more suitable... you can get it for 50 € used... but it consumes a lot of energy and it's noisy...
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 10/02/23, 16:04

Why must a voice of reason shatter my dreams? ! : Arrow:
0 x

Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 10/02/23, 17:30

Christophe wrote:Logically the pressure must arrive on the network around 3 bars...it is the "norm"...

from memory it is much less than that .... And after research ...

0.3 mini

https://www.anil.org/documentation-expe ... mentation/
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/02/23, 17:42

Dreaming is good but finding a concrete and lasting solution is better...

Afterwards you can always try the gadget, you will tell us...but if it is on the general arrival in my opinion it will be insufficient...I would be surprised if you have 1 bar of pressure in addition.

Moreover, it is noted on the product sheet:

Max flow: 20L/min

Boost effect: 80pa

So this thing adds: 0.0008 bars at 20 L/min...

At the energy level, we can estimate its performance:

Electric power: 24 * 2.8 A = 67 W

Uh with 80 pa and 20L/min I get ridiculous hydraulic power...there must be a bug in the product sheet...it's probably 0.8 bars which would give a hydraulic power of 27 W...(yield 40% which is acceptable)

This model looks better, it's less gimmicky: https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/1005003683845189.html it's +2 bars (Chinese)...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/02/23, 17:43

Macro wrote:
Christophe wrote:Logically the pressure must arrive on the network around 3 bars...it is the "norm"...

from memory it is much less than that .... And after research ...

0.3 mini

https://www.anil.org/documentation-expe ... mentation/

: Shock:

And what do we do with 0.3 bar in a multi-storey house?

Do we install the shower in the basement?
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 10/02/23, 17:54

Christophe wrote: And what do we do with 0.3 bar in a multi-storey house?

We're feeding a supercharger!

PS: I was surprised to find the same value (the same article) as Macro. That said, the "water service regulations" of the municipality or the granting authority may provide for a higher value. By acquired conscience, Phil59 should nevertheless check, it is a public document certainly often available on Internet.
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 11/02/23, 07:51

In any case it is forbidden to put the water network in depression.
So you can't directly put a pump (whatever the type) simply in series in a supply line.
You have to go through a buffer tank, with a water seal, an overflow and all the mess.
0 x