Stairlift

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: stairlift

by Macro » 10/01/23, 07:13

I had used the 500kg model for my lift... Until the day when.... the crimping of the cable broke...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 10/01/23, 09:02

Living 80-85 km from my parents, if I have to tinker with something, it will be from a real used stairlift, like stannah, to have something designed for it, and which has proven itself.

And, normally, we are not allowed to tinker with this kind of thing.

For my home, I would tinker with something, but not in this case!

My father, when he was "fat", weighed 55-56 kg, now he is more in the 48-49 kg range. : Mrgreen:
He lost 10% of muscle since stopping work, never sports, but he had the chocolate bars, physical work.

Alright, I'll manage...
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 11/01/23, 21:47

Tomorrow, I'm going back to their place, after spending several hours on the phone with them.

THE stairlift takes about 3 months to install.

THE part to make the bedroom on the ground floor, may be on the right track.
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 12/01/23, 19:32

The bedroom will be on the ground floor, it's validated, test done, not as I initially thought, but there is a solution, for them, to make the bedroom in the dining room, initially, i.e. a large curtain of separation, or screen, to make the separation, to be defined, not fixed, before moving on to reality, room of approximately 16 m2.

You can keep your sideboard about 2.5m long, the table is turned 90°, 4 chairs for every day, possibility of going to 6 if necessary, but not useful, maybe once or twice a year.

It's off to a good start, ceiling, a whitewash, tapestry to change, all not urgent to do, but I'd prefer it to be done before, and a floating floor to put on the tiles.

Everything to set up between 2 to 3 weeks, but we could just get the bed down, and move the furniture, put in the right places, if necessary, and a big curtain, it's fast possible.

Well, it's off to a good start, and then I have other ideas for them, so that they can make the most of it...
On vacation, they won't leave.
0 x

phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 01/02/23, 15:31

Since last night, after the ceiling was repainted, walls re-upholstered, and laying of a floating floor, they finally slept downstairs.
0 x

izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 01/02/23, 15:52

The path of reason : Wink:
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 01/02/23, 16:09

It was hard to decide the father.

In April, I see to "move" their bathroom, in order to have a shower without steps, it's been years (just over 10) to make their bathroom in the cellar, bigger, and thus be able to enlarge their kitchen.
0 x

phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 03/02/23, 12:34

I think I have found a straight stairlift for my home, for the first part of the stairs, 25-30 km from the house, for around 200€.

This will already allow that when my parents come home, 2/3 of the stairs are easy.

I would have to find another one, to make a change of stairlift on the landing....
0 x

Back to "Science and Technology"