Thermal buffer: avoid surface evaporation of hot water with oil or other blocking product?

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Thermal buffer: avoid surface evaporation of hot water with oil or other blocking product?

by sicetaitsimple » 21/01/23, 20:20

Christophe wrote: And this is confirmed: the cardboard only seems to half stop the evaporation...

Is the roof of your stamp cardboard?
0 x
Christophe

Re: Thermal buffer: avoid surface evaporation of hot water with oil or other blocking product?

by Christophe » 21/01/23, 20:23

Is the roof of my stamp plywood?

Concrete is breathable if not treated and in all cases I have leaks (access hatches, hydraulics...)...but hey...scientific methodology and you, that's 2...but we already knew that.... : Mrgreen:

You really are a stinky troll on some stuff... : Evil: : Evil:
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 21/01/23, 21:21

Christophe wrote:.scientific methodology and you, that makes 2...

You're right, we will continue to closely follow the results of scientific methodology concerning the evaporation of hot water in an open or more or less closed container.
Are you planning a scientific publication on this subject? Peer review, of course.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/01/23, 10:25

Here is the level of this morning: we don't have a gain coefficient of 2, it's almost the same as without cardboard: more than 60% has already evaporated in 20h... but it's me who is pathetic huh ??? Pov guy! : Lol:

cardboard_evaporation.jpg
carton_evaporation.jpg (258.77 KiB) Viewed 557 times

I didn't turn the stove on last night, eh, just a little in the evening...

Tonight it should be empty...I started phase 2 yesterday at noon, phase 1 was empty in 24 hours, so we earn roughly 30 to 40%...max!

But hey, since I don't heat the stove exactly the same way and I don't control the surface temperatures, it's difficult to conclude on a quantified gain.

If you want one, you should do a test on an electric plate for at least the same time. That would be more scientific, but hey, what I want to know is above all the behavior of the wax after X melting cycles...because I can see that the gain is very significant with wax!
1 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 22/01/23, 10:52

0 x
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 22/01/23, 14:41

Hi Christophe, and everyone,
Not a bad idea of ​​wax, less "gross" than the LHM... : Mrgreen:
Did you measure the melting point temperature?
In your buffer, how does the hot water from the panels arrive? under or on the surface?
And where does the air come from that fills the panels every night?
1 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 22/01/23, 14:55

If I remember correctly, the problem is the heat exchangers that come out of the water when the level drops :?: :?: ...

: Idea: The simplest solution would be to lower these exchangers, even if it means installing a new coil.
Take advantage of spring to empty, do the work and waterproof paint on the ceiling...
0 x
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 22/01/23, 15:11

The exchangers are the secondary circuit, I was talking about the primary circuit which circulates in the panels, with air bubbles...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/01/23, 15:14

izentrop wrote:If I remember correctly, the problem is the heat exchangers that come out of the water when the level drops :?: :?: ...

: Idea: The simplest solution would be to lower these exchangers, even if it means installing a new coil.
Take advantage of spring to empty, do the work and waterproof paint on the ceiling...

But what are you saying ?

The water level is not supposed to drop since according to "you" the slab is waterproof!! : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:

In real life it is falling (currently minus 20 to 30 cm in 14 years: the first photo of the subject is when I moved in...before the repair of the gaping holes!) because it is not really!

But you know it is! : Lol: : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:

Picture of 2021:

Lowering the exchangers as the "easiest" solution is nonsense unless you come to do the work and finance it? Thank you darling !
I remind you that the heat is above on a body of water...

Anyway, you're really even crazier than I thought, did you train together or what? : Shock: : Shock: : Shock: ...

The simplest solution is to limit evaporation as much as possible!

And when I see that I have a 30°C delta between the protected surface and the surface in the air, I also assume that the buffer will heat up much better!
0 x
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 22/01/23, 15:16

In terms of sealing and pressurization, one solution would be to vent with a condenser which brings the water back into the tank. (a coil and/or a long sloping pipe that goes through cool places)
Last edited by dede2002 the 22 / 01 / 23, 15: 18, 1 edited once.
0 x

Back to "Science and Technology"