Two-seater Viper FS 3.0 electric mountain bike: fit a passenger luggage rack on a full suspension aluminum mountain bike + improved mudguards

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
sam01
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Viper FS 3.0 two-seater electric mountain bike: adapting a passenger luggage rack to a full suspension aluminum mountain bike + improved mudguards

by sam01 » 10/01/23, 22:18

hello, sorry for the unearthing, a friend offers me the same frame as yours, I have to change the frame of my electric bike with a BBS02
He doesn't live near me unfortunately, so I can't check if the crank motor goes with the seatstays, and since the colleague doesn't seem super fast-fast, I wanted to know if you had had difficulties in mounting on this bike, it would save me a purchase and an unnecessary shipment
PS: your editing is nice, how has it held up over time? no problems with the seat stays or play in the pivots of the rear triangle?
1 x
sam01
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Viper FS 3.0 two-seater electric mountain bike: adapting a passenger luggage rack to a full suspension aluminum mountain bike + improved mudguards

by sam01 » 13/01/23, 19:50

what is wrong with my message?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/01/23, 20:56

What is a seat stay on a bicycle?
0 x
sam01
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by sam01 » 15/01/23, 19:53

these are the tubes, the part where your luggage rack is fixed
And suddenly, problems with the assembly of the crankset motor? a little feedback after a year and a half of use (or not)?
Personally, I would not have dared to put a person on the luggage rack, I would have been too afraid of blowing up the frame.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 15/01/23, 20:55

I tested with my own weight, no worries ... but you have to know how to weld properly ...

Everything is fine 1 1/2 years later...but I've only done 800 km with it (I have another homemade one...which I haven't used anymore this season)

Take a good look, it's not ONLY fixed on the luggage rack: I welded a special part.

My son prefers the other because the saddle is suspended...on this one he takes all the bumps...

ps: I still don't understand your question with the seatstays...and the relationship with the engine? : Shock:
0 x
sam01
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by sam01 » 16/01/23, 20:35

this is normal, there is no connection, these are two separate questions
As I said, I've been offered the same frame as yours, but to be sent by parcel, and I can't tell if the engine will pass through the bases (the bottom bars that connect the crankset and the rear wheel), I'm afraid it won't go on the right side because of the flange that must contain the gears to turn the crankset. So of course, we can always put washers to shift, but after the chain line will really not be terrible
I would put a photo if I knew how, easier to explain
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/01/23, 00:47

To put a photo, just use the function below the writing window…

Sorry, I still don't understand your concerns: if I succeeded, it's compatible and you'll get there...

Be careful you lose the front derailleur...
0 x
sam01
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by sam01 » 17/01/23, 22:02

in fact I'm especially afraid that it won't pass at the level of the arrows
11561c3c-957d-11ed-be99-7d86e8662e9c.jpg
11561c3c-957d-11ed-be99-7d86e8662e9c.jpg (19 Kio) Consulté 1898 fois

you needed to put washers so that it does not rub on the bass? or did you make an assembly without adaptation?
In absolute terms, I know that I would end up doing the editing, but I want something that is fairly well adapted, otherwise I might as well take another frame
anyway thank you for your answers
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 18/01/23, 09:37

I mounted it in the spring of 2020 so it's already been a while...I don't remember any particular adaptation problems...so you can go for it! The FS is an excellent bike (for my level…)…

It takes a long afternoon of work to assemble a pedal kit.
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."