Blackout EDF: ecowatt, electricity weather forecast to consume less and avoid cuts

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Blackout EDF: ecowatt, electricity weather forecast to consume less and avoid cuts

by sicetaitsimple » 30/11/22, 18:06

It's always surreal to see what this kind of debate leads to....

The situation is that for an unpredictable and not easily manageable cause (stress corrosion of the safety injection pipes), a certain number of units find themselves unavailable, with a threat of load shedding in the event of intense cold. So is it Macron's fault? I don't think so because he must have recently dropped his shorts when the slices in question were built.
So the question is will the "average French" be offloaded 0h, 2h, 10h or more this winter? It's the only. The rest is crap.
If each of these "average French people" adapt their habits a little, that will reduce the risk, that's all.
Once 2h of cut, it will be quickly forgotten, 5 times 2h, it will of course be more painful socially.

But I suspect some of them wish 5 times 2 hours, or even more, that would make them so happy! Hoping not to be affected, if possible.
1 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Blackout EDF: ecowatt, electricity weather forecast to consume less and avoid cuts

by izentrop » 30/11/22, 18:25

Macro wrote:I have some proposals of the low cost collective housing type with 2m² available per person collective showers...
This was still the case not so long ago. In the 50s and 60s, at my grandmother's, that was the shower
And when they boarded me with the priests, we went to shower in the bathhouses of the city...

Just go back 50 years :P
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 30/11/22, 18:44

And the toilets at the bottom of the garden... with the newspaper as a PQ. But in the winter, no one lingered to read it.

I remember that a poet had engraved on the wood:
"He who disposes himself
to pose here,
must first of all
keep the door closed".

Poetry is lost.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 30/11/22, 18:47

As rightly said Sicetaitsimple, these are circumstantial measures that do not call into question energy waste in the long term, waste that is at the heart of economic functioning. We also saw it in the 73s...
1 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 30/11/22, 19:08

Ahmed wrote:As rightly said Sicetaitsimple, these are circumstantial measures that do not call into question energy waste in the long term, waste that is at the heart of economic functioning.

Yes, when I was writing "So the question is will the "average French" be offloaded 0h, 2h, 10h or more this winter? It's the only. The rest is crap.", the "rest is crap" was only addressed to other subjects mentioned by some outside that that of the wire, which I think is only addressed to the risks of load shedding in France this winter .
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 30/11/22, 20:42

Petrus wrote:What bothers me in this "sobriety" campaign is that they are the same people who have always defended holy growth and therefore increased consumption. Also, during this time, we continue to subsidize the electrification of the car fleet that we clearly do not have the means to supply.

Above all, that we do everything necessary for that, do everything so that there is no longer enough power, not necessarily only for EVs, far from it, with the current fleet, but, above all, maybe by negligence, we could hope that it is only that, to do everything to depend to the max of the max of the money....

In 2019, the reports were very clear, we had enough to effortlessly power 15 EVs.

Today, we no longer have enough to supply France properly, not to mention VE.

In many companies, with such a result, quite a few leaders would be fired.
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 30/11/22, 21:11

There is indeed a telescoping between a medium-term policy of electrification of vehicles and heating (via the CAP) and short-term temporary measures...
It may seem strange, but this contradiction can still be understood without resorting to any conspiracy theory... : Mrgreen:
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 30/11/22, 21:28

But keskilraconte?
Has anyone banned you from charging your EV(s) during peak hours? Nobody, it is just advisable to avoid them. And the same for everything that is different, such as a dishwasher or a washing machine, all the more so today where the start is generally programmable.
If you don't give a fuck, do what you want, charge your EV and do your laundry at 19 p.m. no one will come and pick you up.
But stop shouting conspiracy....

Edit: wrote without seeing Ahmed's post
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 30/11/22, 21:39

Very easy to follow his consos!

GAZ

capture grdf.JPG
capture grdf.JPG (40.91 KiB) Viewed 356 times

JUS

capture enedis.JPG
capture enedis.JPG (65.34 KiB) Viewed 356 times

Very very easy, isn't it!

As for EVs, generally, at more than 90%, I charge at off-peak hours.

And go from 56 reactors, to, a lot less, necessarily, that there is a pb.

The pb, remains to be determined.
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 30/11/22, 21:43

According to dede from the local bistro... Nuclear exit planning... Dating from.... Flamby....
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...

Back to "Electricity, electronics and computers: Hi-tech, Internet, DIY, lighting, materials, and new"