WeLion solid batteries for EV NIO in production in China: 150 kWh

Innovations, ideas or patents for sustainable development. Decrease in energy consumption, reduction of pollution, improvement of yields or processes ... Myths or reality about inventions of the past or the future: the inventions of Tesla, Newman, Perendev, Galey, Bearden, cold fusion ...
jean.caissepas
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

WeLion solid batteries for EV NIO in production in China: 150 kWh

by jean.caissepas » 28/11/22, 17:09

This time, EVs will really run on solid batteries, but only in China for now:

https://www.moteurnature.com/31709-batt ... n-pour-nio

The Nio ET7 will be available in China in a few weeks with WeLion's solid battery with a capacity of 150 kWh, which should give it a theoretical range of 1000 km!
2 x
Past habits must change,
because the future must not die.
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: WeLion solid batteries for EV NIO in production in China: 150 kWh

by phil59 » 28/11/22, 17:17

Here's some good news!

Well, the price for 150 kWh is very high, and I think that for many people, already driving an EV, we know that we can drive less.
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 29/11/22, 12:43

1000km of autonomy may still make sense in many parts of the world, but in France it has become useless.
Currently in our country several fast charging stations are opening per week.
When I bought my car 2 and a half years ago, a 600km trip to visit my family was practically impossible on electric (very difficult in summer, impossible in winter unless it took 2 days)
Today it is done without any difficulty, and several additional charging stations are currently being built on this route (further facilitating the journey in the near future).
And except in certain remote regions (massif central) this is the trend almost everywhere.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/11/22, 12:47

Uh that means which solid battery exactly? : Shock:

Because all that I had in hand, except the electrolyte of some lead (there are gel lead), were neither gaseous nor liquid! : Mrgreen:

Well the LIPOs are a little soft...but it's still solid! : Lol:
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 29/11/22, 12:53

solid batteries that implies solid electrolyte.
Currently all lithium batteries are liquid electrolyte (impregnated material) or gel, but not "solid"
The "solid" battery is the Holy Grail of battery research (easier and less expensive to produce in the long term) it seems that the Chinese are still the first on this one.
1 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 29/11/22, 13:32

Forhorse wrote:When I bought my car 2 and a half years ago, a 600km trip to visit my family was practically impossible on electric (very difficult in summer, impossible in winter unless it took 2 days)

And except in certain remote regions (massif central) this is the trend almost everywhere.

Well, in 2015, with an ion and this one was 14.5 kWh of battery, and charging in chademo only, 1 chademo terminal for 100 T2 for the zoé, we were already doing 400 km in the day, we had to be very well prepared, and no real plan B possible, apart from the 220V socket.

In 2018, with a Zoé ZE40, with terminals at each street corner in 22 kW three-phase, 500 km are done alone.

With the development of the Combo CCS, now you don't even really think about it, except to prepare your route, to know where you are going to stop, trying to plan for your well-being, and the good of the load, the good compromise ..

On my kona, I have no battery preheating, for fast charging, it would be good, if you are not afraid, to reach a terminal with 5-10% remaining, so that the battery takes the kW, and only put what you need to reach the next one ....

Well, I no longer squeeze my buttocks, usually when I stop I still have at least 30-40%, and because of this, to charge up to 80% is a little longer ... .

But arriving with 5-10% charge, with the number of terminals, there is now a 99% chance of being able to charge.
And if really bad luck, you couldn't charge there, you take a T2 terminal, up to 22 kW, for me it's only 11....
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/11/22, 13:47

Forhorse wrote:solid batteries that implies solid electrolyte.
Currently all lithium batteries are liquid electrolyte (impregnated material) or gel, but not "solid"
The "solid" battery is the Holy Grail of battery research (easier and less expensive to produce in the long term) it seems that the Chinese are still the first on this one.

Ah ok thank you so I'm going a bit like an idiot here... : Mrgreen:

Why would a solid electrolyte be easier and less expensive?
0 x