4 per thousand, store carbon in global soils

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: 4 per thousand, storing carbon in global soils

by sicetaitsimple » 13/11/22, 17:29

izentrop wrote:In reality, man will as always favor his comfort and the production of energy with biomass, rather than the storage of carbon in the soil, which is destined to remain marginal.

In any case, it's off to a good start with the take-off of biofuels, biogas, wood energy, generalization of peeling stoves...

I think you are simplifying a bit...
- the man will first privilege his food, and then that of the animals he raises.
- he will not confuse cereals and wood, in short there are "biomass", and not "a biomass".
- to each its preferred use, heating is one, but of course it must remain reasonable in relation to the resource.
- there are still uses, I am thinking of methanization, which allow a return to the soil via the digestate of almost all the nutrients (P,K), a good part of the nitrogen, and d part of the carbon that was not digested during methanization.

But actually it's not tomorrow that all the fields will be covered with BRF, it's just impossible. So you have to find the least bad compromise.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 13/11/22, 19:17

Izentrop, you are committing a beautiful slip of the tongue: "generalization of peeling pans ... Is this an unintended prophecy? : Wink:
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 13/11/22, 22:21

Ahmed wrote:Izentrop, you are committing a beautiful slip of the tongue: "generalization of peeling pans ... Is this an unintended prophecy? : Wink:
Indeed : Shock: Fortunately, I did not write "hair", it would have been the bouquet :P
sicetaitsimple wrote:- the man will first privilege his food, and then that of the animals he raises.
Less than 10 km from my house, there are 2 methanization units... and I can assure you that seeing the waltz of tractors, it's cultivated biomass that is used to fill the silos, all thanks to "environmental" subsidies.
In our area, there is no longer a lot of livestock to feed the methanisers, on average a good third of the crops are intended for the methaniser, up to 75% https://agriculture.gouv.fr/telecharger/130022
Add biofuels https://www.ecologie.gouv.fr/biocarburants

I also have a wood fired power plant within 40 km. https://www.bioenergie-promotion.fr/497 ... uo-energy/
This kind of heap or even small branches are exported "flowery" in our countryside
0 x