Bruno Latour: the current economy will lead the world to its loss ... and it is right!

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Bruno Latour: the current economy will lead the world to ruin ... and he is right!

by Exnihiloest » 13/10/22, 19:16

GuyGadeboisLeRetour wrote:
Exnihiloest wrote:A misleading image, because on earth it is only 0,1% of the thermal energy received from the sun, so it is negligible heat.

In absolute value, it is far from being "negligible" and I remind you that without this 0,1%, there would be no life on earth.

The absolute value is not relevant to say that there would be danger in consuming. The energy consumed by man and dissipated on earth is background noise compared to that received from the sun.
What is needed is only clean energy. But I know very well that the adversaries of consumer societies don't give a damn about it, and that even if they are clean they would fight its use under fallacious pretexts like the one mentioned by J-Pierre (is it Electron who has changed his nickname again? Or his twin? : Wink: ).
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Bruno Latour: the current economy will lead the world to ruin ... and he is right!

by Janic » 13/10/22, 19:30

dumb
What is needed is only clean energy.
Clean energies do not exist as soon as they are transformed by human intervention.
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 13/10/22, 19:35

Janic wrote: Clean energies do not exist as soon as they are transformed by human intervention.

My God....
0 x
J-Pierre
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by J-Pierre » 12/04/24, 15:59

Here is an image of capitalism and its destructive greed, which all governments support despite the cries of 3/4 of the world's humans.
https://lejustenecessaire.wordpress.com/2024/04/05/economie-circulaire-et-capitalisme-incompatible/
2 x

Back to "Economy and finance, sustainability, growth, GDP, ecological tax systems"