Avoid evaporation of water with oil?

Solar thermal energy in all its forms: solar heating, hot water, choosing a solar collector, solar concentration, ovens and solar cookers, solar energy storage by heat buffer, solar pool, air conditioning and solar cold ..
Aid, counseling, fixtures and examples of achievements ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/08/08, 14:54

Jonule, Maloche is right ... He said NO ANIMAL OR VEGETABLE = IMPUTRESCIBLE

No need to argue about it ...

I added the photos in my previous post.
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 29/08/08, 15:11

ah ok I just understood, yes I read too quickly: I explain for others like me (just in case): Maloche spoke specially of rot-proof animal oil, because there is putrescible animal oil (fat duck, for example) - I was serious about whether it was distilled;

in short :
Christophe, don't you have some kind of cover on your seat? normally it condenses on it and falls back to limit evaporation. if it's in a vacuum, there's no reason why it should evaporate?

because given the size of your installation ... of OUF : Shock: by the way ! respect.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/08/08, 15:19

jonule wrote:Christophe, don't you have some kind of cover on your seat? normally it condenses on it and falls back to limit evaporation. if it's in a vacuum, there's no reason why it should evaporate?

Huh? Obviously there is a cover ... this is the concrete slab 20 cm thick that you see in the last photo. Below there is 40 cm of expanded polystyrene. For more photos on the optimization I did in October 2007: Solar-thermal / thermal-solar-buffer-optimization-and-repair-t4517.html
0 x
Christophe

Re: Avoid evaporation with oil? Sun pad e.g.

by Christophe » 08/09/22, 12:47

Last summer I launched a comparative experiment, it is the LHM that works best, a year later 0 evaporation: science-and-technology / thermal-buffer-to-avoid-surface-evaporation-of-hot-water-with-oil-or-another-blocker-t16964.html
0 x

Back to "Solar thermal: solar collectors CESI, heating, hot water, stoves and solar cookers"