My "back" operation (narrow lumbar canal)

How to stay healthy and prevent risks and consequences on your health and public health. occupational disease, industrial risks (asbestos, air pollution, electromagnetic waves ...), company risk (workplace stress, overuse of drugs ...) and individual (tobacco, alcohol ...).
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: My "back" operation (narrow lumbar canal)

by phil59 » 14/04/22, 22:09

In fact, there is a time for everything.

A time with, and a time without.

I discovered why, I did not know how to stop the coliprane, whereas it was well on the way.

It's stupid, I'm starting to take the pc for a very long time on my knees, now it will be sitting in front of a table.

Without help at all, you become "crazy".

It's last time, it was no longer the pain that prevented me from moving forward, but the body that was beginning to refuse to do so.

Another stupid thing, which has nothing to do with this.

A good 2 years ago, I had a fractured wrist.

Fairly severe pain, almost non-stop. When the plaque was removed, 1 year later, still constant pain. Laugh, to do with the back, but very boring.
A "push" "ball" on the top of the hand.

Rheumatologist, puncture, analysis. After infiltration and puncture, the lump returned.

Nothing to do, the pains were still there.

E, done, I found the pb.

All con, the bowl of milk in the morning.

15 days after stopping it, practically no more pain, and now, almost non-existent .... it's stupid, but that's how it is.

Placebo effect, I don't know, but it works.

I was lucky that the herniated discs also resolved....
1 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 14/04/22, 22:30

I think it's wonderful if it works, I also tried milk, but I also stopped in other circumstances...

Milk may be the cause of inflammatory problems, hemorrhoids, pain...

You stop drinking it and the phenomena disappear! You resume, they reappear (and so on). In many subjects, I confirm.

Bread products too, you reduce the dose and it goes much better, you take it again and it goes less well.

But correcting the diet remains a complicated process.
It has to come from you and take it easy.

Congratulations on figuring it out and getting there..!
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 19/04/22, 12:04

Today appointment at the doctor.

For the shoes, ok, I managed to put the laces on without difficulty.

Well, a priori, no car journey, 200 km, for him, probably not before July ... 5-10 km ok ....

To do with the chir in early May...

Tomorrow physio, we'll see what happens.
1 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 25/04/22, 15:50

After a month :

Everything is going well, for 2-3 days 2 codoliprane per day, and today 1 only, with a little luck, mid week, it will be 0.

Beautiful scar.

On the other hand, I still need to lie down several times a day...

I can "pick up" a paper on the ground. Otherwise, everything rolls, well very little, I avoid the car as much as possible. The longest route was to go to the doctor's, about 5 km, and twice to my daughter's, 2m! and once at the scrap metal recovery, 700 km.
Currently, it's 230€ per ton of car, and 7.70€ for copper... but it might drop a little...

Well, I'm really starting to "bore myself"!

In fact the physio was on vacation last week, and I won't start until Wednesday.
1 x

phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 19/05/22, 00:38

The pains are still there, and I'm going back to an average of 3 codoliprane per day....

I saw the surgeon again at the beginning of May, and I have the right to drive without limit.

Good in theory, but not in practice.

Up to 150-200 km during the day, it's about fine, a little 400, and in the evening I'm doubled over...

I manage for the moment to walk about 1.2 km, and do not carry more than 5 kg, on a short course.

Walking, little by little, I think it will come back.
I'm not asking to do 10-15 km walks either....

What would be a minimum would be to be able to walk at least 3 km, to be able to drive 400 km in the day, to be able to unload the car, taking, for example, 1 pack of water in each hand, and to be able to lift 20 kg, for a short time...

It's much longer than expected, but I probably waited too long...

I see the surgeon again at the beginning of July....
2 x

phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 30/05/22, 11:44

It is now a little over 2 months (March 25) that I had back surgery.

Last Tuesday I took Madame out of her work, and we went for a walk, and did a lot of driving over these few days.

Friday was more than 500 km in the day.

And unlike a short time ago, after driving less, I wasn't "doubled over" when I got out of the car. Not in great shape, but it's getting better.
I stagnate at 3 coliprane on average per day, but no need to give up the coliprane to take more violent things..

I manage to walk a good 1.5 km round trip.

It's too long progress .... But waiting for 2022, when it teased from 2013-2014, it's too long, and osteoarthritis has set in way too much, and when you're over sixty , the body, although runs there more as quickly as before! : Lol:

Today, I spent 5 minutes brushcutter in the field, so that my solar panels can see the sun a little better...
We'll see tonight or tomorrow what happens...

I forgot, there's a stupid thing, that I'm not going to use anymore, it's the folding fisherman's seat, when Madame is sunbathing .... I noticed that it "breaks my back", without using it is much better.

I'm mad at having a lot of things to do at home, and not being able to do much, when I have a little time now....

I see the surgeon again at the beginning of July, and I hope that I will be able to return to work, at least part-time, just after....

Well, it's a case that is going its merry way, but I still don't regret the operation.
I had reached a stage where even 500m on foot was sometimes very complicated.
1 x

Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 31/05/22, 18:56

phil59 wrote:...
I stagnate at 3 codoliprane on average per day...

Be careful with paracetamol in high doses over the long term, it attacks the liver.
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 31/05/22, 21:17

3 coliprane are only 1.5g per day....

I took a long time, 3-4g per day, of paracetamol between "other tablets".

And for a few years, consecutively, without stopping "between cures" of voltaren, or kétéprofen, etc .... I did say a few years.

I stopped, I think in time, I was starting to be not quite "correct", and the blood test, done 2-3 weeks later, to confirm that I had to take a break....

I envy my wife who has back problems, too, and who, she often, with 1g of paracetamol, it calms her .... although, it started like that too, for years ....

I also sometimes stayed a long time, without a daily "thing", after an infiltration, for example. (never a whole month without anything at all, but, no doubt, 95% less). Difficult to quantify all that, because it is easier to forget a moment of misfortune than a moment of happiness.
Undoubtedly a great thing!

The pb is when you have no choice....

There, in the coliprane, it is not the paracetamol which is the most harmful...
But currently, I have not replaced by tramadol, nor skenan...

It's a lesser evil, in my opinion. It will have to be temporary. I had in mind that 2 months after the operation, I was thinking of having to take a "pill" sometimes, or possibly at the end of the day, first. (I just re-read that sentence.... : Oops: )

But, before the operation, it was complicated....

There, I go back to like a little over a year ago, starting small steps by small steps, with a lower average of "drugs".

By drug, I mean all pills, including doliprane!

But, it will come, I hope!
0 x

Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 31/05/22, 21:27

I wish you. Health is really the essential thing from which everything else stems. It's a truism but it must always be kept in mind, just to put our ridiculous little ecological or political worries into perspective. When you feel your body, you can no longer be serene.
1 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 31/05/22, 21:40

Exnihiloest wrote:

I wish you. Health is really the essential thing from which everything else stems. It's a truism but it must always be kept in mind, just to put our ridiculous little ecological or political worries into perspective. When you feel your body, you can no longer be serene.

I hope that the majority, for once, will agree with you.
I'm in. Like what, we can listen, read, without necessarily crying scandal at all about.
It is important, sometimes, to read a little between the lines... (sometimes, always, probably, before getting carried away)

As long as it's little health "bobos", well, the rest, who cares a little... the head, will not end up coming out of the water a little...
0 x