Le Potager du Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Did67

Re: The Kitchen Garden Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

by Did67 » 17/03/22, 14:35

Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:
But strangely, I have the impression that it comes up against (the majority?) psychology, which finds it difficult to: accept non-work (we had explored the theological bases of this in the past) but also "dirt" ( to use the term of the video) that it generates and which is perverse because it affects not only the gardener but also those around him.

Shared garden when this is the case: in which this type of gardening is not always accepted
Even the spouse of the gardener who does not always see with a good eye this "brothel" far from the images of Épinal or the commonly accepted notions of "order"
Not to mention the neighborhood

It is even, as for many things elsewhere, a hell of a trap, this social pressure. I often witness "live" these differences in couples, for example, one finding it interesting, and the other not being able to accept this "mess"...

In my confs, there must be traces of my own testimony: at the beginning, we practiced a “vegetable divorce”. I threw green waste on the surface. My wife continued to compost... Convinced that it stank... Would attract rodents... Anyway, the "classic excuses"... It took a year... And one day, I see her throwing surface...

[Fortunately, I am stubborn and we have, in over thirty years, learned to discern what is fundamental divergence and what is not worth discussing further, each being free to do as they see fit without encroaching , without dominating, without "winning"... So, on the left, I swung. On the right, she composted. It was not a political difference, but chance that at that time the composters were on the right!]
0 x
Rajqawee
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rajqawee » 17/03/22, 16:06

That's it.

Regarding the vegetable garden, we must learn to appreciate things differently. Personally, now, I think hay is pretty. The brothel, too, has something organic about it (visiting a farm is a very enriching experience to realize that at the farmer's, brothels are everywhere! It's the same in a factory too.) which is not necessarily unattractive.
The tuft of quackgrass from the corner-of-the-board-not-quite-mulched...boh....well it's there, and it bothers no one. And then it takes the wind, it's dynamic!
Composting, I stuff under the layer of hay. But the neighborhood cats come to search, at least once, to find what interests them. So I re-refour on top of hay from time to time. Not all the time. Finally, I saw it well. (and then the vole holes at the bottom of the field have since stopped spreading....I make an obvious link :D)
The dandelion tuft in the corner of the garden shed....as long as it doesn't prevent you from opening the door....well, that makes pretty flowers :)
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 17/03/22, 16:29

Rajqawee wrote:....well that makes pretty flowers :)

Very early: a blessing for foragers, including hoverflies (they flash yellow - dandelion, certain brassicas, meadow salsify...). And are the mother of very voracious larvae of aphids!!!

And at the very end, if we remained a big child, we blow and we play Larousse!
0 x
joeltarlao
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by joeltarlao » 17/03/22, 17:39

The dandelions, I put black buckets on them, and after a few weeks I pick up the lettuce...
0 x
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 17/03/22, 19:08

Did67 wrote:I systematically correct (in conference), when I don't forget, the false impression that the pp is "doing nothing"; it's doing the "minimum necessary" otherwise "it becomes a forest", as you say. So I replace with the idea that I am the "conductor of my vegetable garden", the one who gives the "the" so that the symphony is beautiful... Simply, unlike Gérard Manset (for those who know), I don't make all the instruments myself, I let it be...

I think that's where you "offend" the spirits the most, I see it at home: now that people around me have integrated the fact that I really didn't bring compost or earth trucks plant, that I really don't touch my soil, only to plant or sow, well they still don't understand, because there, in their heads, I don't suffer enough to produce food.
0 x
"Enter only with your heart, bring nothing from the world.
And don't tell what people say "
Edmond Rostand
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 17/03/22, 19:14

Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:Even the spouse of the gardener who does not always see with a good eye this "brothel" far from the images of Épinal or the commonly accepted notions of "order"
Not to mention the neighborhood

It's good for me, the neighbour, 20m from my second vegetable garden, which was reclaimed from a wasteland of brambles and the like, found the solution: she had a fence, or rather a wall, made of wood over two meters, so as not to see my merry mess. Obviously she preferred brambles : Cheesy:
0 x
Edmond Rostand
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 17/03/22, 19:14

Doris wrote:
Did67 wrote:I systematically correct (in conference), when I don't forget, the false impression that the pp is "doing nothing"; it's doing the "minimum necessary" otherwise "it becomes a forest", as you say. So I replace with the idea that I am the "conductor of my vegetable garden", the one who gives the "the" so that the symphony is beautiful... Simply, unlike Gérard Manset (for those who know), I don't make all the instruments myself, I let it be...

I think that's where you "offend" the spirits the most, I see it at home: now that people around me have integrated the fact that I really didn't bring compost or earth trucks plant, that I really don't touch my soil, only to plant or sow, well they still don't understand, because there, in their heads, I don't suffer enough to produce food.

QED
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 17/03/22, 22:03

I think there are people, questioning themselves is beyond their strength. Or simply, to change things a little... They prefer not to see... They vote Zemour for fear that a leftist like Pécresse will lead eternal France to its ruin. And they will ask him to build walls...

Alright, that's kinda easy.

But is this entirely wrong?
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 17/03/22, 22:07

Did67 wrote:I think there are people, questioning themselves is beyond their strength. Or simply, to change things a little... They prefer not to see... They vote Zemour for fear that a leftist like Pécresse will lead eternal France to its ruin. And they will ask him to build walls...

A bit like when people are told to wear respiratory protection masks designed on purpose to protect themselves from aerosol viruses like covid, comfortable and which do not press anywhere on the face, which leave the nose free under the mask to breathe properly and that they stubbornly wear anti-bacterial masks with lots of air passages everywhere, uncomfortable, which scratch, which slip and with which we breathe badly (normal these are not respiratory protection masks).

The appearance of cleanliness for the garden like the appearance of protection for masks : Mrgreen:
0 x
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 18/03/22, 07:09

Did67 wrote:I think there are people, questioning themselves is beyond their strength. Or simply, to change things a little... They prefer not to see... They vote Zemour for fear that a leftist like Pécresse will lead eternal France to its ruin. And they will ask him to build walls...

No it's not wrong at all (and I like "a leftist like Pécresse)
0 x
Edmond Rostand