Le Potager du Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The Kitchen Garden Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 16/03/22, 09:36

Rajqawee wrote:
Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:It will soon fall on me with the potatoes...

Otherwise there is another thing that will fall on the backs of individuals... wonder how they will do in town

Waste sorting: compost will become mandatory in 2024
https://www.francesoir.fr/societe-envir ... re-en-2024

I did it when I was in Ajaccio, in an apartment. I "produced" 40L of kitchen waste per week, which I took to the shared gardens. I buried them in my raised bins.
Other friends did it on their balcony: in fact, with a good amount of worms, the material mineralizes very, very quickly, and the final volume is negligible, of the order of "I have to empty it every 2 months ", for a container of 30 to 40L.
There were also "common" composters at the bottom of some buildings.

Another example, in Sardinia, the collection of "humido" green waste was done directly at the door, by the traditional services which also collected the rest of the waste.

The biggest obstacle is the reluctance of people who are not/no longer used to managing their waste. For many, handling decomposing matter takes a lot of effort.

So much the better if it can work in an urban environment
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 16/03/22, 10:11

In Strasbourg too, collective composting at the bottom of buildings has developed, with sometimes, when the "lawn" was large enough, a garden...

I think separate collection is another option that will still be "legal"?

And I'm going to have to relaunch my idea of ​​"peri-urban market gardening perimeters with surface treatment"!!!
0 x
Rajqawee
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rajqawee » 16/03/22, 10:23

In any case, the "common" separate collection (like for sorting, a large bin that can be removed by crane truck) seems to me quite easily exploitable (compost for the municipality, spreading in neighboring fields, etc.)

As usual, the big challenge will be on the big cities: they consume everything more than they produce, except for waste!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 16/03/22, 10:42

Indeed.

I don't know if I shared here my idea that cities have become "cancers" of our civilizations. They "siphon" all around them. Create medical deserts, empty lands (services, economic activities... which die. And they aggregate all that is harmful: noise, waste, particles... Hence no doubt the reactions of violent rejection of the "body" (the country)...

It looks like a tumor!

As with cancer, the basic mechanism - cells must renew themselves, it's natural - is no longer under control. It is "perverted": they do it too much, anarchically. Cities have functions: religious, intellectual, center of knowledge, administrative... But when they become too important, they are tumors that kill the body (the region, the country)... The arteries get clogged...

It is therefore urgent to "start to deconstruct cities"...
1 x
Rajqawee
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rajqawee » 16/03/22, 10:55

Did67 wrote:Indeed.

I don't know if I shared here my idea that cities have become "cancers" of our civilizations. They "siphon" all around them. Create medical deserts, empty lands (services, economic activities... which die. And they aggregate all that is harmful: noise, waste, particles... Hence no doubt the reactions of violent rejection of the "body" (the country)...

It looks like a tumor!

As with cancer, the basic mechanism - cells must renew themselves, it's natural - is no longer under control. It is "perverted": they do it too much, anarchically. Cities have functions: religious, intellectual, center of knowledge, administrative... But when they become too important, they are tumors that kill the body (the region, the country)... The arteries get clogged...

It is therefore urgent to "start to deconstruct cities"...

After all my journey on ecology and the place of humans in the environment, I have come to the same conclusion. If we want to reduce our consumption (energy, space, etc.), the very existence of large cities is incompatible. It just causes more problems than it solves.
There must be a critical size to find: around 20 or 30000 inhabitants maximum? Let's say a sufficient size to "depreciate" the common infrastructures (swimming pool, library, theater), without having to duplicate them on site in view of the population.
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 16/03/22, 12:04

Rajqawee wrote:The biggest obstacle is the reluctance of people who are not/no longer used to managing their waste. For many, handling decomposing matter takes a lot of effort.

it should not be abused, the bulk of the manipulation is done when it is not yet decomposed, after a certain time of decomposition, and if we add a little dry matter, the appearance is correct

you just have to give great recipes on youtube : Mrgreen: , a nice wave of videos in perspective : Mrgreen:
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 16/03/22, 12:07

Rajqawee wrote:In any case, the "common" separate collection (like for sorting, a large bin that can be removed by crane truck) seems to me quite easily exploitable (compost for the municipality, spreading in neighboring fields, etc.)

As usual, the big challenge will be on the big cities: they consume everything more than they produce, except for waste!

it already exists in a lot of places, except that, as always, it costs a lot more than it can earn, so not a real solution for me
0 x
(of me)
Did67

by Did67 » 16/03/22, 12:48

This is basically a technical problem: trucks that collect several types of "waste" separately exist... Simply, the system was set up short-sighted, with simple trucks; only one kind of garbage cans, all mixed up and we burn!

Today, of course, there is a cost to changing all that!

There is not necessarily, in a well-designed system, a huge additional cost!

Afterwards, we can "dream", with other participatory systems: people bring and leave with produced vegetables, etc... But here again, we come back to "big cities" vs "small towns"... If only "planning" was not a dirty word!!!
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 16/03/22, 14:24

Did67 wrote:Afterwards, we can "dream", with other participatory systems: people bring and leave with produced vegetables, etc... But here again, we come back to "big cities" vs "small towns"... If only "planning" was not a dirty word!!!

we must above all rehumanize, and that is a real change in society, stopping individualism, it is not won : Mrgreen:
1 x
(of me)
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 16/03/22, 14:41

Moindreffor wrote:
Did67 wrote:Afterwards, we can "dream", with other participatory systems: people bring and leave with produced vegetables, etc... But here again, we come back to "big cities" vs "small towns"... If only "planning" was not a dirty word!!!

we must above all rehumanize, and that is a real change in society, stopping individualism, it is not won : Mrgreen:

:!: :!: :!:
0 x