New VAE Pipop STEE...without battery with super capacitor

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: New VAE Pipop STEE...without battery with super capacitor

by izentrop » 15/02/22, 23:51

sicetaitsimple wrote:I only read.... If it's wrong it's not my fault!
Second link of the first post of this thread:

"With this bike, there is no more mechanical traction, so no chain or universal joint, explains Adrien Lelièvre, CEO of STEE. By pedaling, the user generates electricity, and this energy is either stored in the supercapacitors connected to a generator, or used to move forward, especially uphill... There is no longer any need for recharging.Unlike conventional electrically assisted bicycles, we are in a management of the energy supplied by the user and not in an addition of energies."

https://www.francebleu.fr/infos/economi ... 1538585125
This one dates from 2018, from a technology point of view includes a motor and a generator, probably more expensive to manufacture, not sure that it was competitive?
The one I and Christophe are talking about is more classic and only differs from the VAE in the way it is stored. On the other hand, the engine in generator mode should not have a terrible efficiency?

Should be the real characteristics, it smells like "free energy" :|
1 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 16/02/22, 00:35

// AN OLIVET COMPANY IN THE SPOTLIGHT! //
Discover the report devoted to the battery-free electric bike, an exclusive worldwide creation of the company STEE by Adrien Lelièvre, to whom we devoted a portrait in the OH Olivet at the end of 2012 (http://www.olivet.fr/fr/portraits/1321)
At first glance, Adrien Lelièvre's city bike, an elegant blue model called Pipop, looks like a "classic" electric bicycle. In fact, it is a revolutionary device. Electric certainly, but without battery, and the invention, patented, is made in Loiret.
It is the result of several years of research and development carried out by his electronics company, STEE, which he took over in 2016 and which employs 25 people in Olivet (Loiret). This bike, which weighs 20 kilos, carries supercapacitors, which store energy from the effort produced by the cyclist and restore it in the form of electric assistance as soon as you have to press a little more on the pedals, in the event of a slope or acceleration.
“They have excellent performance. The advantage is that it is not necessary to have recharged your battery when you want to take your bike out. We consume less, and in addition these components do not contain rare earths”, underlines the boss.
The company whose main activity is the manufacture of electronic cards has already assembled 20 bicycles, which it produces by taking apart commercial bicycles to insert its technology. They were released within days, to some of the 10 fans who follow STEE's project on social media.
Machines sold for 1995 euros for the moment
STEE will now launch the manufacture of a hundred additional units and expects to produce a thousand in one year. The small company has also just signed with the Boulanger brand for the future distribution of its machines.

Bike and great condos.jpg
Vélo et super condos.jpg (80.41 KiB) Viewed 6961 times

https://www.facebook.com/olivet.fr/?hc_ ... AQ&fref=nf
: Cheesy: I'm going to offer the rusting carcasses in my bazaar...
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 16/02/22, 01:06

On the 2018 model that remained in the boxes:
1 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 16/02/22, 11:01

The condenser bicycle model is perhaps a track, provided that the development allows a possible use, as an intermediary between the solution of the mechanical bicycle and the pedelec (but for the price of a pedelec!), however, the all-electric model combines handicaps with its successive losses which must make moving this heavy vehicle particularly painful at all times, not to mention the price which is just as much!
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/02/22, 11:10

izentrop wrote:On the 2018 model that remained in the boxes

He repeats in 12 minutes what I said in 12 seconds (of reading) above...completed by izy and simpleton
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 17/02/22, 13:39

Ooops, my comment wasn't gone. I'm only posting it now on this thread:

Well... according to you, this "revolutionary bike" would still be fake news or not far away!... : Evil:
A bit like the bicycle with solar panels integrated into the wheels which had also been publicized before dying out like a ray of sunshine twisted veil !

That said, one of the articles raises an interesting technical detail that questions me Image :

If, rather than driving the drive wheel via a chain (or a belt), therefore mechanically, pedaling directly rotated a generator that powers a motor in the drive wheel, would this have better performance?

Finally, this question of converting mechanical energy into electrical energy is similar to the many topics on econology in which we compared a wind turbine whose mechanical wind energy is either directly in direct contact with a mechanical pump pump, or converted electricity by a rotor-generator which turns an electric pump....

To come back to the VAE, we can even imagine a simple reduction system, like a classic speed selector, which makes the generator turn more or less quickly in the crankset: the more you force, the faster the generator turns, the more it produces, the more the engine runs fast.

In terms of efficiency, brushless motors have an efficiency greater than 80%...
Human pedaling would only have an efficiency of about 20 to 25%, but that of the chain transmission would be around 98,6%....
It is this efficiency which is to be compared with that of a wiring which transmits electricity to the motor!

In short, a priori, and according to the % of these yields, everything seems to conclude that we are pedaling in sauerkraut to seek a better yield than the traditional pedaling with the chain and the calf .... : Cry:

But for all that, there is little chance that we will further improve the efficiency by chain (or by transmission belt), which is not the case for everything that is electronic which evolves quickly: generator, motor, etc. .

There is therefore perhaps hope that the overall efficiency of a bicycle can still be greatly improved by mechanical tricks such as an ovalized crankset, or this revolutionary crankset which erases the dead point of the pedal vertically, and which we hear more about!).

Do you think we will see new bikes without a chain but on which pedaling will generate an electric current to power a wheel motor? The technical aspect is interesting.
1 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 17/02/22, 14:07

It is clear that the amount of energy to be provided by the cyclist is generally much greater than with a conventional bicycle due to conversion losses and the additional weight to smooth out only the extreme efforts on the climbs... I am skeptical about the interest of the first model (to try), but the second is clearly a bogus concept... An external energy supply that supplements the weak human muscular capacity seems essential to me if we want to free ourselves certain disadvantages of this mode of locomotion.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 20/02/22, 23:07

There is something disturbing in the central argument of this concept: the fact of not having recourse to any external source of electricity, since it is entirely self-produced by the cyclist. This for the reason that said external input on a VAE would not be "ecological", but in view of the modest quantity of energy thus consumed and which greatly favors the use of a mode of locomotion which can, from a part to replace other much more greedy and on the other hand of the fact that all this takes place in a context where one strives to promote the overconsumption of electricity on a very large scale by the electrification of the car fleet and the proliferation of heat pumps, this purism is completely out of place.
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 20/02/22, 23:33

https://www.rte-france.com/eco2mix/la-p ... ar-filiere

And this, with I believe !???? 10 reactors shut down out of 56 ????? I don't really know, but for an idea...
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock: