Le Potager du Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: The Kitchen Garden Sloth: Gardening without fatigue more than Bio

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 16/02/22, 18:57

An article from FR3

The start-up Mycophyto enriches the soil of plants thanks to the cultivation of mycorrhizal fungi in the laboratory

Mycorrhizal fungi are essential for the development of most plants. An innovative and eco-responsible solution to enrich the soil consists of taking these fungi from the soil, reproducing them in the laboratory and reinjecting them into the soil from which they come.

https://france3-regions.francetvinfo.fr ... e=emb_logo
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 16/02/22, 19:11

1) This is nothing new!!! I have tests (inconclusive) half a dozen years ago [inconclusive because in living soil, the mycorrhizae are there; a contribution brings nothing more! But it makes some people's business]

2) Now it's better than advertising fertilizers!

3) Just respect the soil and the mycorrhizae, there will be some. To leave "plants" (weeds such as plantain, well mycorrhizal; but also alliaceae - leeks!)... Of course, we can also carefully weed, compost everything and put purchased mycorrhizae: it is more expensive no more work !
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 16/02/22, 19:20

Did67 wrote:1) This is nothing new!!! I have tests (inconclusive) half a dozen years ago [inconclusive because in living soil, the mycorrhizae are there; a contribution brings nothing more! But it makes some people's business]

2) Now it's better than advertising fertilizers!

3) Just respect the soil and the mycorrhizae, there will be some. To leave "plants" (weeds such as plantain, well mycorrhizal; but also alliaceae - leeks!)... Of course, we can also carefully weed, compost everything and put purchased mycorrhizae: it is more expensive no more work !

It's not me who would say the opposite
0 x
Rajqawee
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rajqawee » 17/02/22, 09:35

A little throwback to the current semi greenhouse: almost nothing but good. Thirty buckets of peas that have germinated without problem and are growing correctly for the moment. I don't have readings from the sensor but it fluctuates between 1,5 (frost protection setting for the moment to avoid excessive electricity consumption) and 30+ on days when the weather is nice.
Swiss chard came up with no problem.
I threw some beans to see if it was enough in "frost protection".

I also sowed lettuce, but because of "sometimes I forget to open and it goes up to 38", they are a little tight.

Indoors, I launched peppers/eggplants/chilli, it's all coming out 10 days later. So I'm planning a transfer to the greenhouse in a big week, setting the greenhouse to a minimum of 5 degrees, hoping that's enough...
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 28/02/22, 11:46

Atlantic Pyrenees
Isn't that around Doris?

We already talked about it several months ago I think.
It's not a worm anymore, it's a sea serpent : Mrgreen:

Beware of this black worm called Covidum, a new scourge of gardens
https://www.francesoir.fr/societe-envir ... es-jardins

ver.jpg
ver.jpg (67.45 KiB) Viewed 1451 times
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 28/02/22, 12:32

Adrien (ex-nico239) wrote:Atlantic Pyrenees
Isn't that around Doris?

We already talked about it several months ago I think.
It's not a worm anymore, it's a sea serpent : Mrgreen:

Beware of this black worm called Covidum, a new scourge of gardens
https://www.francesoir.fr/societe-envir ... es-jardins

ver.jpg

I found one in my garden once (Since then, nothing). I sent it to the Museum of Natural History in Paris who just sent me (Jean-Loup Justine) a link to their latest article:
https://peerj-com.translate.goog/articl ... x_tr_hl=fr (Translated)
And also:
https://sites.google.com/site/jljjustin ... re-invasif
Map of all species:

1. Caenoplana coerulea
2. Parakontikia ventrolineata
3. Species of the genus Bipalium
4. Species "yellow striped"
5. Species "chestnut flat"
6. Platydemus manokwari.
Last edited by GuyGadeboisTheBack the 28 / 02 / 22, 12: 37, 1 edited once.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 28/02/22, 12:36

We talked about Obama! Not the president, but the flatworm - that's the name of this group of worms that are not annelids - they don't have successive rings. Obama nungara. Who has also become encrusted on the Atlantic coast.

To know: it is probably via circulation / purchases or exchanges of plants with uncontrolled growing media that these worms are spreading After having been introduced probably via ornamental plants...

So make your plants!!! And so... long live the frames!
1 x
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 28/02/22, 12:42

Isn't that around Doris?

Indeed, it's not far, a few hundred km, but we found much closer, for you who know my area, it was in Tartas. First the guy said that all these plants came from a local nursery, but then the local press reported that it wasn't true. He had bought imported plants in cheap circuits and put them directly, without isolation or anything.
0 x
"Enter only with your heart, bring nothing from the world.
And don't tell what people say "
Edmond Rostand
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 01/03/22, 10:39

Doris wrote:
Isn't that around Doris?

Indeed, it's not far, a few hundred km, but we found much closer, for you who know my area, it was in Tartas. First the guy said that all these plants came from a local nursery, but then the local press reported that it wasn't true. He had bought imported plants in cheap circuits and put them directly, without isolation or anything.

another good example that importing or bringing back a substrate from no one knows where to supposedly improve biodiversity is a very bad process, there it is involuntary so excusable, when it is voluntary I find it criminal, it may be -to be excessive but we have so many examples of ecological disasters because of a so-called good intention from the start
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Doris
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Doris » 01/03/22, 12:54

Moindreffor wrote:another good example that importing or bringing back a substrate from no one knows where to supposedly improve biodiversity is a very bad process, there it is involuntary so excusable, when it is voluntary I find it criminal, it may be -to be excessive but we have so many examples of ecological disasters because of a so-called good intention from the start

That's right, that's worms, but I have so many examples in a nearby sector, even very close: the pond five km away is invaded by different species of exotic plants, which people have had at home they got rid of it because it was invading everything in their house, but they got rid of it by throwing it into the little damp ditches that go to the lake. And there the word criminal is not excessive at all
2 x
"Enter only with your heart, bring nothing from the world.
And don't tell what people say "
Edmond Rostand