Too much hot water on boiler stove

Solar thermal energy in all its forms: solar heating, hot water, choosing a solar collector, solar concentration, ovens and solar cookers, solar energy storage by heat buffer, solar pool, air conditioning and solar cold ..
Aid, counseling, fixtures and examples of achievements ...
sergem
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Too much hot water on boiler stove

by sergem » 23/01/22, 13:13

Hello,
I have a problem with a thermosiphon boiler stove, which, if I leave it running (during the day for heating) gives me too much hot water for my 100l tank (90°!!). I cannot cut this circuit, the boiler does not work without the hot water circuit.
I can't add a balloon or put a bigger one.
Several not really satisfactory solutions:
- remove the insulation from the tank so that it radiates like a radiator = cold the next day and no more hot water. Tedious maneuver!
- add one or more radiators above in thermosiphon, or with a plate heat exchanger + pump (there I lose autonomy). But the capacity of the low radiator, will it be enough to dissipate the heat?
- insert a coil between the balloon and the insulation and connect it to the circuit with a thermostatically controlled valve which would supply a radiator with a thermosiphon?
I don't know, what are your ideas?
Thank you
Serge
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Too much hot water on boiler stove

by Macro » 23/01/22, 19:12

Simply add a circulator to the thermosiphon circuit of your boiler, it will balance its temperature with your radiators.
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
sergem
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by sergem » 23/01/22, 20:27

the interest of the thermosiphon is to be able to do without current (too many power cuts for me), the idea of ​​the circulator, ok, but at that time I would have put it on automatically.
0 x
GuyGadeboisTheBack
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadeboisTheBack » 23/01/22, 21:08

You still have the option of a very simple mixer tap (shower, bath) with which you set the desired temperature. I did this for the washing machine in direct contact with the hot water tank. I set it according to the program. Same for the dishwasher.
0 x
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 24/01/22, 08:10

Hello,

Your ball is too small. About 2.5 kg of wood is enough to boil it!
If you want to heat with a boiler stove, you have to put radiators...
0 x
sergem
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by sergem » 24/01/22, 19:24

ok, so no choice, I have to plug it into my existing radiator circuit!?
0 x
phil59
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by phil59 » 28/01/22, 00:27

if you can, that's better.

Currently boiler stove, 8.5+7.5 water, a gas boiler.

When I'm there during the day, from when I "turn on" the stove, until sunset, the boiler doesn't run, several days like that, even with about 2° outside, but at night, the boiler takes over.

tested on our 7 covid positive days.

And yet about 15 kW of radiator behind (part of the house, the rest is just frost-free), while the stove only gives 7.5 kW to the water .... I am the first surprised ... .

Even like that, sometimes the start goes well over 60°... especially when I only use soft wood...

Following the breakdown of my large boiler, I put in a smaller one, and have not yet put the 500L buffer tank back into service.
0 x
hmmmmm, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, huh, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

: Oops: : Cry: :( : Shock:
Ernesto
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Ernesto » 17/10/22, 00:34

phil59 wrote:if you can, that's better.

Currently boiler stove, 8.5+7.5 water, a gas boiler.

When I'm there during the day, from when I "turn on" the stove, until sunset, the boiler doesn't run, several days like that, even with about 2° outside, but at night, the boiler takes over.

tested on our 7 covid positive days.

Even like that, sometimes the start goes well over 60°... especially when I only use soft wood...

Following the breakdown of my large boiler, I put in a smaller one, and have not yet put the 500L buffer tank back into service.

So, have you been able to put the ball back in time
0 x