Score display

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
zabeth54
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Score display

by zabeth54 » 02/04/07, 00:13

Good morning all,
I want to make a score display for my tennis club which does not have the means (it takes more than 2000 euros for an electronic display) with LEDs and switches, I have a project but do not know how to do the editing.
Can you help me
Thanks in advance [/ url]
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 02/04/07, 10:22

Hi Zabeth54.

I respond to your message to bring it up a little in the postings whenever someone has the answer.

On the other hand, I wonder if you would not have more success in in forums dealing with electronics.
We sometimes talk about electronics on Econology, but it is generally for very specific applications intended to try to save energy.
In your case, wouldn't the best way to save energy be the good old sign with hooks and someone hanging hooked plates on it? : Mrgreen:
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 02/04/07, 13:11

if you were going to see in the velleman kits ( www.velleman.be) - unpaid advertising, sorry Christophe, they have counter kits and giant display kits, it may be necessary to hack to interface the 2.

It's good: it's Belgian :D

apart from that, type in some key words: diagram, counter, giant display, led, etc. on google good hunting
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
rpsantina
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by rpsantina » 02/04/07, 18:27

oulla, it was so far ...

I made one when I was at IUT 10 years ago ...

you need a cheap microprocessor with its programming interface (at conrad you must be able to find)

some push buttons to increment and decrement the scores of each level (game set ...)

an on-off button.

for the display, I advise you to opt for LEDs that you put online on two or three layers to make the bars like the seven-segment displays.

Then you just need to power these segments with one relay per segment and a transistor interposed between the control of each relay and the output of your microprocessor (always protect what is expensive) ...

send me an MP if it is not clear enough ... (otherwise you can get closer to an electronics club near you, peel the old numbers of practical electronics at the library)
0 x
RPS (Dpt Tarn South 81)
i-Only those who do nothing are never wrong
ii-Anything is possible as long as a little time is spent there
ThierrySan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by ThierrySan » 03/04/07, 00:59

Isn't it easier to do it "electronically" rather than "programmed" ?!

Go see on the site and forum following:
http://www.abcelectronique.com/
0 x
nialabert
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by nialabert » 03/04/07, 10:42

ThierrySan wrote:Isn't it easier to do it "electronically" rather than "programmed" ?!

Go see on the site and forum following:
http://www.abcelectronique.com/

It's easier to understand, but on the other hand, you need a lot more component and it becomes very heavy to wire.
Maybe there is a decimal counter already done in fact, surment even. You have to search.

No need for a relay between the microcontroller and the display, transistors are enough.

For display: Distrelec catalog
0 x
Researchers who seek are found, but researchers found it seeks.

Back to "Electricity, electronics and computers: Hi-tech, Internet, DIY, lighting, materials, and new"