France5 China wakes up ... surprising and worrying for them

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

France5 China wakes up ... surprising and worrying for them

by jean63 » 26/02/07, 15:58

I "stumbled" by chance on this incredible documentary on China: a must see (in the coming days we will have an address to watch it I think !!

CHINA AWAKES - Celestial food> Close
Today - 14:41 PM

Duration: 00:52
Episode: Number 2

Documentary series in 4 episodes co-produced by France 5 / Article Z / CBC / ZDF / S4C. 53 'episode written and directed by Susan Teskey and Gert Anhalt. Associate production company: Caroline Nath. 2006.

This series focuses on the oldest civilization which takes its place in the world order. What is taking shape in China today is a social, economic and political revolution. Each of the four episodes reveals a different revolutionary transformation: the economic boom, the flourishing of culture, social upheavals and political transition.
(4/4) Heavenly food. In China, a saying says 'Eating is paradise'. Canton is one of the essential capitals of Chinese cuisine. Anything that flies and anything that crawls is edible. Insects with fish lips, Cantonese chefs seek the freshness of products, they have a reputation to hold. If gourmets are demanding in cities, most rural people eat for a living and not vice versa. In the northern plateaus, development and drought are reducing the area and the quality of the crops. One in eight Chinese lives in extreme poverty and struggles for food. Another problem facing fishermen is pollution. Unwanted discharges of factory waste contaminate and suffocate all aquatic life. The market economy has also taken over the fields. In ten years, industrial parks have encroached on almost 10% of Chinese arable land. The Deputy Minister of the Environment stands out by showing his willingness to act against pollution. But will China, a superpower on the march, manage to feed its population, despite the evolution of culinary tastes and the limits of its natural resources?
(Program subtitled by teletext for the deaf and hard of hearing)
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 20/03/07, 11:42

Here, tonight March 20, on France 5, only digital, at 20:40 p.m .: "Made in China", which shows who are behind the growth, a group of people who work, who work 12 hours a day to earn more ... : Cheesy:
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 20/03/07, 19:33

gegyx wrote:Here, tonight March 20, on France 5, only digital, at 20:40 p.m .: "Made in China", which shows who are behind the growth, a group of people who work, who work 12 hours a day to earn more ... : Cheesy:

"to earn more" ... well I heard that somewhere. If we left like in China it's bad luck !!

The difference is that in China they do not pay for ANYTHING = no health protection or retirement, it is walking or CREVE, and rather the 2nd solution.

By the way when is the WORLD revolution? I hope to see her in my lifetime.

Too bad for the show, I do not have the TNT box because it does not pass at home yet. You have to be opposite the Puy de Dôme and that is not the case.

gegyx you will comment us STP?
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 21/03/07, 10:16

Yesterday, Wednesday March 20 at 15 pm, the D.Mermet program "There if I am there" on France Inter was on China.

I couldn't listen to it.
0 x
dreamer
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by dreamer » 28/03/07, 10:52

Personally, I hope that the Chinese (and this is happening in the cities) will quickly realize that the rest of the world exploits them and that they deserve a standard of living much better than that which they have.

And on this day, relocations will no longer be necessary because the difference in salary cost will no longer be as significant.

Dream the dreamer
0 x
jeanne
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by jeanne » 28/03/07, 18:35

Hello

I also saw the report on arte and it is scary!
For those who could not listen to Daniel Mermet's shows here is the link for the podcaster

http://www.la-bas.org/mot.php3?id_mot=171

Long live Degrowth!
0 x
For a more united world